• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny is cold

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hello to everyone,
We are now transitioning to autumn, extreme heat in Turkey is over. Our house is 22-23 degrees right now, but I notice that Cookie's ears are cold, especially at night. Sometimes Cookie's ears are cold during the day. I suspect Cookie is cold. Did Cookie adapt to the extremely hot weather in Turkey? Cookie is very comfortable in 28-30 degrees weather. What should I do if Cookie is cold at 22-23 degrees? :|

If his body is warm, he's fine. :) Bunnies use their ears to help control their temperature, so his ears being cold doesn't mean he is cold, just that he's trying to keep warm by not losing body heat through his ears.

If his body is warm, he's fine. :) Bunnies use their ears to help control their temperature, so his ears being cold doesn't mean he is cold, just that he's trying to keep warm by not losing body heat through his ears.

Really? I got paranoid, started laying blankets in Cookie's room. I'm used to Ccookie's ears being warm because of the heat in Turkey, I think it's cold when it's cold :lol: Isn't he really cold, is this really normal?

The ears wouldn't normally feel warm as such - they are used as radiators to lose heat, so would feel warmer then.
22'C is warmer than it gets here most of the time. Rabbits adapt well to cold if they have time to get used to it.
Cookie is indoors, so the temperature there will be a lot more constant than, say, for outdoor rabbits in the UK.

Really? I got paranoid, started laying blankets in Cookie's room. I'm used to Ccookie's ears being warm because of the heat in Turkey, I think it's cold when it's cold :lol: Isn't he really cold, is this really normal?
Yeah, it's normal! :) If the rest of his body is warm, he's likely fine. I very much doubt he needs blankets when your house is 22-23 degrees, even if he's used to warmer temperatures.

Yeah, it's normal! :) If the rest of his body is warm, he's likely fine. I very much doubt he needs blankets when your house is 22-23 degrees, even if he's used to warmer temperatures.

Haha thank you so much. You made me feel so comfortable, I'm a little paranoid about Cookie. :D If possible, I would wrap Cookie in a blanket at night and sleep in the crib next to me. Haha :lol: I think I see cookie as my baby and I panic about everything :roll:

Back