• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Jingle ...a sad story ...sun update and pics P14

oh mr jingle you are so goodlooking we hope you feel better sono i have a nmessage from my bunnys:

dora: mr jingle when you are sad you wont eat i know iv been ther but unfortunatly it makes the humins very sad and these new humins want to love you very much...in fact they probebly already do... have you asked your mummy for some apple puree or possibly some porij oats in warm water? sometimes that tempts an unhappy bunny

arhtur: i was fed on potatoe peelings and bread before i met dora,...... and shes right you know the toher foods are much niceer... i really like mint and fresh corriander and when i was feeling poorly after an op mum gave me baby food veggie flavour that was nice too hav you tried that? oh adn i wouldnt eat in the harsh lights either so they had to turn the lights off too after my op tho not sure why i just didnt like being poked and watched....

coco: hi there i have teeth problems and find some foods hard to eat at moment(waiting for a better vet to be off hol before i get my trim next week you see) but i really think you should try a cardboard box filled with earth so you can dig.. .adn grass on the top..very yummy you know or that flaked pea mix tho mum says i shouldnt still be having it adn im being changed over to somethign else soon either way snuggles adn licks to ya get well please!!! x

mr. jingle has just had more baby food and water, but not by his choice:cry:
its really upsetting me because what if he just wants to be left alone to die and i keep shoving food down him. but yet i can't just give up on him. he probably hates me now :cry:

mr. jingle has just had more baby food and water, but not by his choice:cry:
its really upsetting me because what if he just wants to be left alone to die and i keep shoving food down him. but yet i can't just give up on him. he probably hates me now :cry:

no no you are right to keep trying... its improtant to not give up its probebly just taking a while for his gut to start again and for him to settel with all the change fingers crossed you are doing great with him xx

keep trying..... it's like most things and sometimes animals don't know what's best for them. I suspect the stress of moving has upset him, but he will come round if you keep persisting. Sending lots of vibes his way. I really hope he finds the strength to pull through xx

would the old owners possibly come over and speak to him? it could be that he is missing a familiar voice?(just a thought i know that they shouldnt have neglected him and its unlikely you want them there but just thinking)

would the old owners possibly come over and speak to him? it could be that he is missing a familiar voice?(just a thought i know that they shouldnt have neglected him and its unlikely you want them there but just thinking)

That's an interesting thought. I once read about a rabbit who was in the same situation but hospitalised at the vets. They couldn't get any response out of him although medically he seemed fine. The owner recorded his voice talking to the bunny and when it was played to him he recovered.

dont know where the owners live, he was brought to us by a different charity

ok then how about trying men talking to him as well as women and also try making differnet voices and accents in case one of them perks him up also oculd it be that he had other animals near by? or just that he was used to being outdoors anad doesnt like being indoors? how about trying him with apple leaves dandilion leaves etc or how about trying to give him a cuddly toy as company? what bedding was he on previously try changing to a simalar type of thing maybe ? just anyhting to make him feel "at home"

I hope he perks up, I really do. When I took Phoebe to the vets for the first time she went into complete GI Stasis. I'd never had a bunny respond like that after a trip in the car, but she just wouldn't eat, wouldn't move and had no gut sounds whatsoever. She pulled through after a day or two so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mr Jingles.

ok then how about trying men talking to him as well as women and also try making differnet voices and accents in case one of them perks him up also oculd it be that he had other animals near by? or just that he was used to being outdoors anad doesnt like being indoors? how about trying him with apple leaves dandilion leaves etc or how about trying to give him a cuddly toy as company? what bedding was he on previously try changing to a simalar type of thing maybe ? just anyhting to make him feel "at home"

my OH has been helping me and has paid him quite a bit of attention. he is on vet bed and hay, i think he had nothing in his previous home. he did have another rabbit living in a cage nearby, both indoors, but both my house rabbits have been to see him and he just ignores them :cry:

Somtimes when I have had very sick bunnies they have responded well to direct one to one contact, just laying on me with a towel over them and me gently stroking their face and ears seems to soothe them.

If there is nothing medically wrong with him and its psychological then maybe building a bond with him could give him something to live for again.

I agree with the syringe feeds and sub cuts though, when Monty was ill he had warm sub-q's and a warm syringe feed made from CC, water and a little apple & pear Hipp baby food (for him it was just enough to add flavour). I was getting 5-10 mls into him orally every hour.

I'll be up for a bit if you want to PM. :(

Last edited:
Just found this thread - how is Mr Jingles this morning? You are doing amazingly well, he is lucky to have found you. x

well he is still with us :) but pretty much the same as yesturday :(
hes had fluids, tomato juice and soaked pellets so far this morning. he wasn't very amused with me but i have got quite a bit down eventually. hes just having a little time out in the kitchen but seems to have a favourite spot and just goes and lies there.

Awwww Tracey only just seen this thread - poor little Mr Jingle :cry: Keeoing everything crossed for this little man & sending him lots of vibes & a big nose rub for him xx

Back