• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mousey's Rescue Anniversary

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
On 27th April 2013 Mousey's new life begun. She was rescued by the police as her owner had a fatal drug overdose & next of kin weren't interested. She was taken there in her existing accomodation, a tiny guinea pig cage :( I don't imagine she had the best start.

The vets must have assessed her to be about 2 years of age. She was adopted & kept as a single house bunny but returned to rescue a year later. She must have been upset to have so many changes as she then got head tilt (& positive EC test). Once stable she lived with a group of Camp Nibble resident bunnies. The main issue was that the group was full of dental buns & Mouse was a very greedy girl & got fat hoovering up everything left to tempt the others.

On account of her EC & head tilt she was in the "hard to rehome section". I fell in love with her as soon as I read her story.

Here she is today, my little raggedy brave old girl:love:

EQAiEiwl.jpg

:love:

It sounds as if she hade a tough start but now has a wonderful life with you :love:
I´m glad you found each other!

I never knew the detail of her previous life, so thank you for sharing :)

Well, very Happy Anniversary brave Mousey :love: I also reckon that you and her bunny friends have done so well with her, for her to remain stable and also by my reckoning, she should now be joining Joey's 10 year old club :love:

Happy anniversary beautiful Mousie :love: no I didn't know her story either, so so pleased that you found each other. She is a truly beautiful girl, and has such a lovely life with you now xxx

Happy anniversary Mousey. So lovely to read about her background story xx had a hard start, but a great life now :love:

Aye, she might be 10, could be a bit older, could be a bit younger

I always knew her story but pestered Hannah from CN for her original rescue date only last year

Thanks so much everybody

Sometimes, there’s a heart out there that doesn’t know true love and care and clearly there was a meant-to-be situation here and whilst Mouses journey was a challenging one, it is Mouses destination that is her forever home and her little life became complete. She’s a gorgeous rabbit but an even more special soul full of character and a life that was meant to be for her. :love:

That's an amazing story, what an interesting life she's led! She sounds like she's doing well in her golden years.

Aww Mousey. I felt really sad reading about her earlier life. But I'm so glad she found her way to you. She's such a brave little warrior and really deserves the wonderful life she has with you now.

What a sad start she had :cry: But she was so very lucky to find a home with you and get to live happily with other buns. What a lucky bun you are Mousey Pie :love:

What a tough few years our Mousey had. She was very lucky you spotted her and brought her to the J&B Warren

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Back