• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mousey's Rescue Anniversary

Her story is so sad, but at least she has lived such a bunderful life with you. Heres to many more cosy days sweet Mouseypie :love:

I often wonder why Mouse is so agrophobic - you'd think living in a guniea pig cage for 2+ years would have her wanting space. She might have been brought out of it in to a scary & chaotic environment though - maybe the cage felt safer in those circumstances. Just guesswork of course.

I often wonder why Mouse is so agrophobic - you'd think living in a guniea pig cage for 2+ years would have her wanting space. She might have been brought out of it in to a scary & chaotic environment though - maybe the cage felt safer in those circumstances. Just guesswork of course.

Bertie spends a lot of time under a chair. He was a stray before coming to me via SSPCA. I often wonder what his story was. Spenser had a bunker, to which he often retreated - but more to indicate he wasn't in the mood for an audience!

Belated happy rescue anniversary, cute Mousey. :love:

It sounds like she had an awful start in life, poor girl. :( I'm so glad she has such a loving home with you now, where she gets excellent care like she deserves. She's such a precious old lady. :love:

If the enviroment outside of her cage was very scary and chaotic like you guess, I think that might explain it, yeah, or maybe because she never had much space when she was young, she just never developed the confidence to explore?

Belated happy rescue anniversary, cute Mousey. :love:

It sounds like she had an awful start in life, poor girl. :( I'm so glad she has such a loving home with you now, where she gets excellent care like she deserves. She's such a precious old lady. :love:

If the enviroment outside of her cage was very scary and chaotic like you guess, I think that might explain it, yeah, or maybe because she never had much space when she was young, she just never developed the confidence to explore?

that is likely I think. She did get some confidence from her rabbit friends . Her arthritic problems are likely to have come from mishandling when she was young too, according to the vet who diagnosed her (it was a specific section of her spine).

that is likely I think. She did get some confidence from her rabbit friends . Her arthritic problems are likely to have come from mishandling when she was young too, according to the vet who diagnosed her (it was a specific section of her spine).
That's so awful and sad. Poor Mousey. :(

Not worthy of a new thread but I wanted to share a photo of my Mousey just now. We've had no electric since Sunday afternoon & that means no direct heat sources for Mousey (put the log burner on for her yesterday). Well the electricians been & brought her the gift of Snugglesafe & central heating. She looks so happy (although the bad photo doesn't really show it). She has her top body lying on top of the SS & lifts her head occasionally to give thanks to the radiator (i.e. lick it) :lol:
Xcex2uZl.jpg

Aww, Mousey. She looks so comfortable, and she does look happy. :love: I'm glad she's nice and warm again. She really loves being warm, doesn't she? :love: That's so cute that she gives the radiator a lick sometimes. :lol:

Aww, Mousey. She looks so comfortable, and she does look happy. :love: I'm glad she's nice and warm again. She really loves being warm, doesn't she? :love: That's so cute that she gives the radiator a lick sometimes. :lol:

So much:lol: Rudey was the same. We used to have to pull the rug in front of the fire in to the middle of the room as they got so hot I was worried their organs would cook:lol:

Half an hour after the electrician left I got a delivery of a (huge) piece of insulating foil stuff. I intend to put this under the bedding so she can be more self sufficient in Summer. She can have her Snugglesafe all day but won't have heating in a month or so.

Joey & Boo have a quilt cover in their under bed lair (to reduce carpet contact); its securely pinned by the bed legs so J&B can safely have a self heating option too

Aww, it's a good thing bunnies can't melt. :lol:

Putting the piece of insulating foil stuff under Mousey's bedding for when she won't have heating in summer sounds like a great idea. It's good that she'll still have her snugglesafe; she must really love it. :love:

Do Joey and Boo like being warm, too? Whenever I give Sophie and Casper some blankets or a snugglesafe to be nice and warm they're never interested, and they just chew up all the blankets. :roll:

I think all of us can relate to feeling more comfortable if we are nice and cosy when we don't feel 100%. The insulating foil sounds like a good solution and I bet Mousey appreciated the logburner :love:

Aww what a content looking Mousey!

Primrose used to get so close to the radiator sometimes I thought she would singe her fur!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if J&B will care for it but I'll keep you updated. Yeah I think you're right Omi - its been my elderly & sickly buns that have been obsessed with heat

My dear is so sweet :love: I just read your story, a bun so lucky to have you. :)
Rabbits with cold weather in Europe are very lucky. My country is hot, and my bunny is already looking for a cold surface :lol:

Back