• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More bad news for Mack: Another check-up tonight (04/03)

Mack has another check-up tonight at 6:20pm so after this I should hopefully have an idea on where we stand with regards to longer-term treatment...it would be nice if this was the last of our weekly vet trips for a while.

Will also be nice if I can settle my account and keep it that way for sometime too. :oops::lol:

thank you so much sooz for steering me to this...gawds i wish i had a bloomin printer..i will have to use open office and then write it out by hand:shock::lol:

this is really useful thank thank you.....

and i hope mack is still improving:love:

hope he's still doing well Sooz.....As you know, I'm aware how frustrating abcesses are... but even in an ongoing situation of "control rather than cure" I think the bun can be happy anyway as you must have seen when Sorrel stayed with you.

Wishing him all the best anyway. Give him extra noserubs from me despite the time he nibbled on my jeans :lol: x

I'm glad you found it useful. :wave:

Ruth, he had a nasy habit of nibbling peoples clohing and biting legs, feet and bums when I first got him but as he no longer has any incisors those days are behind him now!

As a little update, seen as people are still using this thread, he is having the wound cleaned and flushed every other day now. I was finding the outside was trying to close very quickly but a large pocket remains inside from where the second abcess was excised. The hole closed too far to let me get gause in any longer so I had to improvise!

He now has a flush of sterile water with doxycyline dissolved in it, then I let the pocket drain and dry and then I pack the entry canal with the Intrasite/Ornicure (doxcycline powder) mix. To keep the wound open I then insert a cotton bud impregnated with the gel mix into the opening and cut it off leaving just enough stick to pull it out again with tweesers.

He is still having a engemycin injecion every third day and this seems to be working well. :D

I'm glad you found it useful. :wave:

Ruth, he had a nasy habit of nibbling peoples clohing and biting legs, feet and bums when I first got him but as he no longer has any incisors those days are behind him now!

As a little update, seen as people are still using this thread, he is having the wound cleaned and flushed every other day now. I was finding the outside was trying to close very quickly but a large pocket remains inside from where the second abcess was excised. The hole closed too far to let me get gause in any longer so I had to improvise!

He now has a flush of sterile water with doxycyline dissolved in it, then I let the pocket drain and dry and then I pack the entry canal with the Intrasite/Ornicure (doxcycline powder) mix. To keep the wound open I then insert a cotton bud impregnated with the gel mix into the opening and cut it off leaving just enough stick to pull it out again with tweesers.

He is still having a engemycin injecion every third day and this seems to be working well. :D

So pleased to read how well things are going for Mack :D

Back