• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly and Barney are home; U/D MOLLY GROOMING BARNEY!!!!

Well it isn't looking too bad. Overnight they were fine; i heard some thumping so i looked at my bunnycam on my phone, and it was Molly. But when barney realised she was scared, he went and sat with her and gave her a wash :love: they sat together for quite a while, which i was pleased about. Then this morning, just before i got up, i heard a bit of commotion, and barney was chasing her and trying to hump her. He's done that few times this morning, but we haven't had any aggression so that's good. I don't think she knows what to do, bless her. She doesn't know how to groom him. I hope she learns! And me, i didn't need a wash this morning, barney did the honours! :love: my eyelids, cheeks and nose got a thorough licking! :lol:

Just lovely.

How have Barney and Molly been through today? :wave:

Thanks for asking :wave: they have been really good today :D Barney has done a bit of chasing, but nothing major. They've been spending more time together and are happy to share their litter tray :love: although Barney doesn't always use it :roll: they are really good at sharing their food too. Definitely a bit happier today, I think they're getting bored though. I think they'll be staying in their pen until the weekend, then I'll decide whether to let them out or not...

Aww...so glad to hear that it's all gone so well. :) I love that Barney is such a fastidious little guy! :D
Thinking of you all. xxxx

Well it isn't looking too bad. Overnight they were fine; i heard some thumping so i looked at my bunnycam on my phone, and it was Molly. But when barney realised she was scared, he went and sat with her and gave her a wash :love: they sat together for quite a while, which i was pleased about. Then this morning, just before i got up, i heard a bit of commotion, and barney was chasing her and trying to hump her. He's done that few times this morning, but we haven't had any aggression so that's good. I don't think she knows what to do, bless her. She doesn't know how to groom him. I hope she learns! And me, i didn't need a wash this morning, barney did the honours! :love: my eyelids, cheeks and nose got a thorough licking! :lol:

Benji used to try mount April all the time for the first few days they were introduced. After that he settled down but he would still occasionally try, she would run off and he would get the idea. I even caught her trying to mount him once, except she was so much smaller that she was trying to mount him sideways across his body. :shock: :lol:
I had this conversation with my OH as well about grooming, but I definitely think they learn to do it from being with another bun. Benji never used to groom April at the start, but he developed into doing it and after that he would often groom us as well. Rupert is a very licky bun and always licks us as we stroke him, and he spends a lot of time grooming April too. I am hoping that Daisy will grow into it too. I think sometimes if they have never had company, they don't really know what to do. That's just my opinion anyway. :)

Oh bless, Barney sounds a lovely gentleman! I'm glad they're getting on well, and hope that Barney can expect some grooms at some point in the future ...

I am sat in the lounge watching Molly and Barney on the bunnycam, and MOLLY IS GROOMING BARNEY!!!!!!!! :D :love:She's finally got it!!!! :D Major major progress!!!! :D :D :D

I am sat in the lounge watching Molly and Barney on the bunnycam, and MOLLY IS GROOMING BARNEY!!!!!!!! :D :love:She's finally got it!!!! :D Major major progress!!!! :D :D :D

That's brilliant.:p:p

Now if you could just ask her the secret to grooming so I can pass it on to Nancy.......:love::love::love:

Getting closer all the time now, they spend a lot of time sitting together instead of on opposite sides of the pen :D and a fair bit of grooming going on :love: I'm very happy with their progress now, i might give them a tunnel tonight for something to do :D

Back