• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Millie at out of hour vets

Thank you everyone. I'm just so shocked. Still in shock. I've never had a bunny die so young with no symptoms but the stasis so I'm really struggling to get my head around things. I asked again about a Pm and they said it wouldn't be worth it as things in the body change after death so I would probably still have no answers :( I would never of quessed my Millie would leave me. Toby would be better at hiding things as he's the more shy and quiet of the two. I am really not coping with this well at all. I feel like my life is different now . Life is unfair. I gave Millie the best of everything, the best vet, unlike rabbits I have owned in the past. The only positive I can draw from this is more bunnies will come out of a rescue. I'm really hoping Toby will bond in a trio so no bun us ever on their own :, (

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Life can be unfair Loobers. **** really does happen. Don't give yourself expectations of how you should be coping. It will get easier. A sudden unexpected loss is devastating. I cried for days after loosing a bun during a routine neuter. I just couldn't get my head round it. For me adopting another bun was the only way through it. Give yourself time to get used to what has happened. Xxx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry Loobers. What a horrid shock for you. Can't offer anything but hugs and vibes (((hugs))), so sorry xxx

Oh no, I'm so very sorry, I've only just seen this really sad news. sending you a big hug and a gentle nose rub for Toby. Binky free little Millie xxxx

Only just read this. So, so sorry. I only met Millie once but she was a gorgeous girl. Binky free Millie xxxx

Toby is quiet but has eaten. Been sitting with him all day and trying to finish off my secret bun project :( all though it was for the pair of them .

Thank you all for your support, RU is the best xx
752616f742879a054f140249cc72491b.jpg

I'm feeling really worried I'm going to loose Toby :, ( really worried. Bad anxiety

I'm feeling really worried I'm going to loose Toby :, ( really worried. Bad anxiety

Hugs L :love:

It's natural to feel this way.

I've just come back from the vet and a long trip/discussion. I will get back to you soon.
My thoughts are with you xxx

I’m sure Toby will be fine, he will be a bit subdued I’m sure :cry: sending more hugs to you and nose rubs to Toby xx

I don't think Toby is coping well. He just hunkers down and doesn't really move. Yesterday I was feeding him on his bed and was eating. Today he has only had a nibble on some dandelion and plaintan he's not touched pellets or digestive stick yet. Usually he buzzes and zooms around. This is worse than loosing any of my buns because not only am I grieving for Millie, but I have to worry about Toby . It's a new experience for me and is really breaking my heart

I don't think Toby is coping well. He just hunkers down and doesn't really move. Yesterday I was feeding him on his bed and was eating. Today he has only had a nibble on some dandelion and plaintan he's not touched pellets or digestive stick yet. Usually he buzzes and zooms around. This is worse than loosing any of my buns because not only am I grieving for Millie, but I have to worry about Toby . It's a new experience for me and is really breaking my heart

I completely empathise as I am having the exact same scenario with Endeavour. His grief over our loss of Eliza has made him very poorly :cry: I really hope that Toby will, in his own way, begin to come to terms with the tragic loss of Millie. I wont be so arrogant as to assume I can offer you any advice, but I do offer you supportive hugs at what I know is an utterly awful time :cry:

I completely empathise as I am having the exact same scenario with Endeavour. His grief over our loss of Eliza has made him very poorly :cry: I really hope that Toby will, in his own way, begin to come to terms with the tragic loss of Millie. I wont be so arrogant as to assume I can offer you any advice, but I do offer you supportive hugs at what I know is an utterly awful time :cry:
Sorry Jane I know you are :( i know I'm being selfish and everyone is going through stuff at the moment , I am not a strong person when it comes to my bunnies. I just don't think straight because I love them so much :, (

Back