• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might be a stupid question but.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my gosh!!:shock:, didn't realise it would prompt so much feeling, just for the record I was NOT referring to one particular person and I certainly didn't name anyone, but I would also like to add that there is a saying "if the caps fits, then wear it" and it would appear that that there are those that it would fit, well those persons obviously have guilty consciences.....so be it

But I am very interested in the reasons, I was thinking that it could be a kudos thing as well, could be wrong but at the end of the day these are little lives that are being wanted and then unwanted and how fair is that? and yes it is us rescues that have to pick up the pieces just because those selfish people won't face up to their responsibilities

These are the people responsible for another very serious problem
my trifle addiction!

Its so frustrating when someone appears with yet another "friends" rabbits, or one they've "found"....and they say they are so upset they've had to rehome their other ones....and yet you've seen them advertised on free ads for sale:censored:

the circle goes on and on and if you even hint that they might be out of order..you are the ones who are labelled as being unfair..

so trifle all the way!

These are the people responsible for another very serious problem
my trifle addiction!

Its so frustrating when someone appears with yet another "friends" rabbits, or one they've "found"....and they say they are so upset they've had to rehome their other ones....and yet you've seen them advertised on free ads for sale:censored:

the circle goes on and on and if you even hint that they might be out of order..you are the ones who are labelled as being unfair..

so trifle all the way!

:evil: :evil: That just shows they know what they are doing is wrong, otherwise they'd just admit they had another bun :cry::cry:

I find it strange that someone who is aware of how rabbits suffer and exactly what rescues do would still not rescue a bun :? Its not like we dont hear about it there are constant threads on here about rescues collecting buns from appaling conditions/not having room to take more buns in so why not adopt and free up a space? :?

I know everyone has their own opinions and its not up to any of us to tell people where to get their pets from but I really dont get it and would love someone to actually answer the question of their reasons why they prefer to go to a breeder or petshop rather than a rescue?

Sadly I think the reason maybe homechecking in some cases :( I was terrified before my homecheck even though I knew I had suitable housing and look after my buns well, so I couldnt imagine someone who doesnt have a big enough hutch/secure garden or whatever inviting a rescue to come round and have a look. And thats a shame because I think if you wouldnt pass a homecheck you shouldnt have that animal, thats what they are there for to protct the animal from being mistreated again :(

Rabbits from pet shops or breeders arent 'better' than buns in rescue, and lots of rabbits in rescue are going to have started out at a pet shop or breeder anyways :? They have just stopped at a rescue along the way thats why I dont get just wanting a rabbit from a pet shop.

I feel bad that I brought Buu from a garden center, I wouldnt change her for anything but now I know what goes on I feel terrible that I didnt even think to check out the rescue first. I feel bad that Trip and Scarlett werent from an actual rescue even though I didnt actually buy them from a pet shop or breeder. I wouldnt even consider spending money in a shop that sells animals now just because of the problems they are causing :evil:

In some cases people may want a special breed, which hardly ever comes into a rescue, so they are impatient and go to a breeder instead. But then I don't understand why a cross breed isn't good enough for them. There has to be a suitable bunny among the thousands in rescues.
Yes, the homecheck may be a reason, or because they just want baby bunnies. Which do come into rescues quite often, too.
Some people may have a mental problem and be addicted to collecting pets. They treat them like some kind of fashion, and so the old ones have to go to make rooms for the latest favourites.:(

I think it's the thrill of having something new. Everyone must admit that you get a leap of joy when they get a new pet. I think some people get too focused on that rush of newness and when it wears off want to feel it again so get another pet. Even if they couldn't cope with previous ones.

Like how the memory of pain diminishes. I think they probably tell themselves it wasn't really as bad as they remembered and then the good feeling overrides the bad.

I've always thought it's more of an addiction issue too - some people get addicted to things that cause an altered state of mind, and getting a new animal gives you that 'rush' just like other addictions can. I think people who keep making the same mistakes over and over need help really - they've got a problem coping with mundane reality :?

is it so hard to believe I just like going to breeders? theres no problems with my hutchs, I have a 6ft hutch and 4, 4ft ones which I am replacing by the end of march with 6ft ones. I don't collect rabbits, thats just cruel in my opinon to collect any animal.

is it so hard to believe I just like going to breeders?

for god sake will you change the record, i have had to bite my tounge so much with you, ok you like getting from a breeder/petshop so what, you do not have to keep repeating it this thread was not started with you in mind, its clearly your concience thats made you reply turning it around on yourself, i'm sure you can understand why people might be upset with you, i dont mean to upset you but thats what i have to say and if i get told off for it so be it!:evil:

is it so hard to believe I just like going to breeders? theres no problems with my hutchs, I have a 6ft hutch and 4, 4ft ones which I am replacing by the end of march with 6ft ones. I don't collect rabbits, thats just cruel in my opinon to collect any animal.

By the way my comments werent actually directed at you ;) I just meant people in general, I know someone who got a dog not long ago and didnt want a specific breed and admitted they would rather an older dog but ended up buying a puppy because they couldnt be arsed with a homecheck, and that was their own words :? I personally think with this person the problem wasnt that they couldnt be bothered but that they hadnt actually done any reasearch at all and wouldnt have been able to answer questions the animal shelter would have asked :(

I think people just want to know why. You haven't said your reasons. Maybe it would stop people questioning your motives if you just explained them.

But again, I don't think this thread is or was aimed at you.

Personally, I don't have any rescue rabbits. I got my first from a petshop because I didn't know there were a large amount of rabbits in rescue and my second from a breeder because there were no rescues near me and I didn't know runs could be arranged.

Last edited:
I really can,t get my head around people that rehome their animals then replace them:?:?
WTF is that all about:?:?

I think it's cruel. Those poor animals depended on their owner and then they get replaced with the 'latest craze' :( If you can't give your pets a long-term loving home, why bother?

it could also be phases, like when your a kid and you start ballet, get bored with that so start karate and so on

you get a mini lop but get bored so get a giant, get bored with that so get a dutch, get bored with that get some guinea pigs, get bored with those so get another rabbit.

however it is cruel to make animals as disposable as hobbies

for god sake will you change the record, i have had to bite my tounge so much with you, ok you like getting from a breeder/petshop so what, you do not have to keep repeating it this thread was not started with you in mind, its clearly your concience thats made you reply turning it around on yourself, i'm sure you can understand why people might be upset with you, i dont mean to upset you but thats what i have to say and if i get told off for it so be it!:evil:

*SINGS*

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.
Ive traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

* Takes a bow*...............

........sorry, noticed your username and couldn't help myself.............:oops:

Janex

I think you find this thread was started with me in mind, and I'll say what I like on which ever thread I like you do not control me. I'm making my point just like everyone else, and I'm not going to stop just because of you.

I can see why people are upset by my cooments, but like I've said it a free world and I'll do and say what I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back