• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Willoughby :)

he looks inquisitive to me but well mannered. I don't see sadness.
He was well mannered til 10pm when it was pellets time, I'm pretty sure he'd have eaten them out my hand, I couldn't drop them quickly enough [emoji38] he even let me stroke him whilst he scoffed [emoji38] then I left him to it

Perfect name :) Willoughby has a strong Nottingham connection too! Did you know that in advance?! :D https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/manusc...ographyofsirfranciswilloughby(1546-1596).aspx

Oh and the wee stain is from when he was anywhere near his brother all those weeks ago! It'll moult out :) Constantly being sprayed with wee every day or so for a few weeks will do that to you :lol:

838616581d2596801e8103fef2a8b100.jpg
OMG this is him, all over, this is EXACTLY how I'll remember him from here :D

Oh does he :( he just did some binkies and then mugged me for his pellets!
Chibbs is the first bun we've had who won't mug you for pellets :lol: I think it's because I'm stingy :lol:

He was well mannered til 10pm when it was pellets time, I'm pretty sure he'd have eaten them out my hand, I couldn't drop them quickly enough [emoji38] he even let me stroke him whilst he scoffed [emoji38] then I left him to it
Matt always stroked him when he was eating, I did if I was around :D Otherwise he bounces off :D I felt he thought he had better things to do than sit for strokes :lol: And yeah, he'll eat them out your hand but I dunno if he'll stop AT your hand :lol: Lopsy will, he's very good at detecting fingers :D

He looks extremely sweet and innocent. He is a very lucky bunny.
Sweet yes, innocence is deceptive ;P He's very bolshy sometimes! He's a tiny bun with huge personality (as if a nethie cross would be any other way!)

I'm so, so pleased for you all :D He's such a sweet little thing, he's super into food, what you're doing, and what other rabbits are doing :D He's poper inquisitive and I really hope bonding etc. goes well and he and Apricot have the bounciest long lives together :D

Perfect name :) Willoughby has a strong Nottingham connection too! Did you know that in advance?! :D https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/manusc...ographyofsirfranciswilloughby(1546-1596).aspx

Oh and the wee stain is from when he was anywhere near his brother all those weeks ago! It'll moult out :) Constantly being sprayed with wee every day or so for a few weeks will do that to you [emoji38]

OMG this is him, all over, this is EXACTLY how I'll remember him from here :D

Chibbs is the first bun we've had who won't mug you for pellets [emoji38] I think it's because I'm stingy [emoji38]

Matt always stroked him when he was eating, I did if I was around :D Otherwise he bounces off :D I felt he thought he had better things to do than sit for strokes [emoji38] And yeah, he'll eat them out your hand but I dunno if he'll stop AT your hand [emoji38] Lopsy will, he's very good at detecting fingers :D

Sweet yes, innocence is deceptive ;P He's very bolshy sometimes! He's a tiny bun with huge personality (as if a nethie cross would be any other way!)

I'm so, so pleased for you all :D He's such a sweet little thing, he's super into food, what you're doing, and what other rabbits are doing :D He's poper inquisitive and I really hope bonding etc. goes well and he and Apricot have the bounciest long lives together :D

I didn't know that! But that's even more perfect! [emoji7] I said to Michael I liked the name just sucks that the character Willoughby in sense and sensibility was an ****.. But then I googled it and it said it meant willow farm so I was just like ahhh it's perfect! He's gunna make the name a good one again [emoji38]

Yikes, yea that'll do it! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Bless him, I'm sure he'll be clean again soon [emoji38]

Yea I was just feeding him little bits of willow and grass through the bars throughout the day and by the evening he was rushing up and down excited everytime I appeared [emoji38] and went mad for the pellets, he definitely knew it was pellet time [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I tried him with some fresh basil yesterday and he wouldn't even try it! So that was interesting, also I gave him one science selective grain free pellet because that's what we have here, and I was holding it and he was really sniffing it, then he'd move his head away then come back, then finally he nibbled the end of it, whilst I was still holding it... [emoji38] So I don't think he's a fan, might have to get another bag of the excel for him [emoji38] I'll try him with one SS one everyday and see if it changes but it wasn't an immediate love [emoji38]

I really hope so too [emoji7]

Yea I was just feeding him little bits of willow and grass through the bars throughout the day and by the evening he was rushing up and down excited everytime I appeared [emoji38] and went mad for the pellets, he definitely knew it was pellet time [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I tried him with some fresh basil yesterday and he wouldn't even try it! So that was interesting, also I gave him one science selective grain free pellet because that's what we have here, and I was holding it and he was really sniffing it, then he'd move his head away then come back, then finally he nibbled the end of it, whilst I was still holding it... [emoji38] So I don't think he's a fan, might have to get another bag of the excel for him [emoji38] I'll try him with one SS one everyday and see if it changes but it wasn't an immediate love [emoji38]
I think his original pellets from the muesli mix were closer in taste to Excel, certainly the texture and smell (to me) was similar, but I expect he'll switch plenty quick enough ;P He might come round to basil if he sees the others eat it: when he started eating mint, so did my two!

Also, yeah, that whole excited thing is normal for here as well XD Lopsy's JUST like that, or was in his younger years XD You can see why he might have had a few, uhm, accidents! At least Willoughby never fell off anything! Speaking of which, we forgot to give you his tube of sticks (like this https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/wooden-playsticks-large) which he used to use to eat bramble from high up :love: It's his only original thing from his first house I would even keep with him :lol: it's a bit awkward to get out of the dog crate though which is how it got forgotten!

Back