• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Maple is in hospital

Topping up the well wishes for our Maple (and Joe)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Just had a voicemail about maples results everything fine, unfortunately I missed the call but they want to talk to me further. I wonder what this is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just caught up on this thread. I'm sorry Maple's been unwell, and Joe, too. What a rough couple of days you've had... Sending lots of vibes for Maple. I really hope she'll be feeling more comfortable soon.

Topping up the vibes for Maple. I’m pleased the test results are ok but, as you are, I’m intrigued as to why the vet wants to discuss with you. I hope it is positive news. Xx

Unfortunately we are playing telephone tennis so I called today & asked if he could email me as I find it difficult to answer with Ted. I don’t know how Gracie does a baby plus four rabbits, it’s so hard!

Good news is maple is very happy in herself now so the cream is working, she is doing binkies for breakfast and lovely poops, so I’m happy as far as she is concerned but anxious what caused it in the first place

Unfortunately we are playing telephone tennis so I called today & asked if he could email me as I find it difficult to answer with Ted. I don’t know how Gracie does a baby plus four rabbits, it’s so hard!

Good news is maple is very happy in herself now so the cream is working, she is doing binkies for breakfast and lovely poops, so I’m happy as far as she is concerned but anxious what caused it in the first place

Great news she is more comfy & clearly feeling better. Hope you manage to speak to the vets soon

Badly is the answer [emoji38][emoji38]

It's really hard to get stuff done and organise stuff, especially when you're basically on call even when they're asleep because they could wake up whenever [emoji38]

I hope they can email you, I've had this issue with stuff, it's impossible to have a proper conversation when Evelyn's awake and I'm looking after her [emoji38][emoji38]

Glad she's better in herself at least, that sounds positive xx

Aw, it's really good to hear that Maple is very happy now that the cream is doing its thing. :love: It's understandable that you're anxious about what caused this in the first place, though. I hope you'll hear from the vets soon and that they can maybe tell you what might be behind this.

It was nice to read Maple has improved and is doing binkies. Sending vibes vet just wanted to follow up and discuss future diagnostics ,if needed.

Great update on Maple. She sounds like she is very much on the up and all looking good. I hope you can catch up with the vet soon. Xx

Back