• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Maple is in hospital

Thanks everybun. Joes test came back negative so I’m ok to go out now. Me & Ted are off out for some fresh air :love:
432621a966ede8928d3778e568db935e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted is certainly very cute :love:

Glad Joe's Covid test was negative. How is he and how is Maple?

Ted is certainly very cute :love:

Glad Joe's Covid test was negative. How is he and how is Maple?

Maple is really not a happy girl, she is eating & pooping but she seems really uncomfortable. I suppose I won’t get any results till Monday now. Joe says he’s feeling better today. I am feeling worried that they have set up for road works right outside Maples window. It’s one thing after another lately :cry:?

I’m pleased that Joe is feeling better. The abx will work quickly.
I’m sorry Maple is presenting as uncomfortable but she is eating and pooping so that will keep things moving inside for her.
Sorry that there seems to be roadworks outside. The council should have notified you of any planned works. I hope it doesn’t unsettle Maple at this time, and it will also unsettle Ted.
I hope things start to settle down for you quickly. There’s so much going on for you right now. Xx

I hope you enjoyed your fresh air. It was raining when I was at work and it is raining now I am home so you must have the only bit of rain free sky:):)

Glad Joe is recovering. Pneumonia is so debilitating. I wasn't allowed back to work for a couple of weeks after my discharge from hospital as I was so weak.

Ted looks really cute. I can't wait to meet him next month :love:

Topping up the vibes for the Syrupy one xxx

Ted is adorable. Hope Maple and Joe will continue to improve. Does Maple have any analgesic for her urine scald?

Maple has an ulcer from the urine scald. I couldn’t find anything online about ulcers & urine scalds but I can’t believe how quickly this has all developed?

She is on Metacam & dermalol (can’t remember the exact name of the cream)

Maple has an ulcer from the urine scald. I couldn’t find anything online about ulcers & urine scalds but I can’t believe how quickly this has all developed?

She is on Metacam & dermalol (can’t remember the exact name of the cream)

She may be having a reaction to the topical treatment (the cream). Even if the active ingredients dont cause problems sometimes the additives can.

Poor Maple. Sending more vibes for her and hope the new cream helps to clear up the ulcer and make Maple more comfortable. Xx

Sending more vibes for all. Maple's ulcer must be very uncomfortable. Glad she has medicam. Is there antibiotic in the cream?

Back