• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Many bunnies lost around the age of 5-6?

Well I hope it aint true as most of mine are 5-6 ...............

TBH I think it's a rather sweeping statement, there are too many variables to make it a reliable reference xx

I was thinking this. I don't think that is true at all.

It's certainly been true for me

I hope that is just a co incindence though, cos most of my buns are now that age. I've not had one get beyond 6

I was thinking this. I don't think that is true at all.

Its the same with humans though. There are many things you're supposed to be tested for when you reach 40-50 because they are common with those age people. Young people are less likely to get cancer and other diseases...

With me, Chloe got cancer around 5-6, Izzy got a tumor in his testicles at 5 (though that isn't what killed him-an incompetent vet killed him by squeezing his abscess), Raven mysteriously died at 4, Ginger died mysteriously around 4, Bonnie died mysteriously when she was about 5-6, Sugar died of old age around 7. I think Lily died of old age at around 5, but she was a giant.

a lot depends on the size/breed of the rabbit, for example a giant is an OAP at around 3, where as a nethie is still young and a frenchie is middle aged

iv lost a lot of rabbits at a lot of different ages, none under 5 from natural causes though, unless you count genetic defects as natural causes.

my oldest was an 11 year old lionlop, and my youngest a 5 year old lionhead, the youngest from none natural causes was just 3.5 months old from major neurological defects.

to say 5-6 is normal is far from true though, its a well known fact rabbits CAN live to over 10, if people go round saying that people may belive them, and then wonder why they have an 8 year old rabbit when they now have to go to uni and cant take it with them or the likes...

:( i hope this isnt true, bella and jasper are my 1st buns and though they are both 2 (well jasper will be in a few weeks) im praying i get many many more years with them. the alternative is too upsetting :cry:

Its the same with humans though. There are many things you're supposed to be tested for when you reach 40-50 because they are common with those age people. Young people are less likely to get cancer and other diseases...

With me, Chloe got cancer around 5-6, Izzy got a tumor in his testicles at 5 (though that isn't what killed him-an incompetent vet killed him by squeezing his abscess), Raven mysteriously died at 4, Ginger died mysteriously around 4, Bonnie died mysteriously when she was about 5-6, Sugar died of old age around 7. I think Lily died of old age at around 5, but she was a giant.

I've never had a rabbit die at that age. :wave: The closest one to that age that passed was Moe at age 8.

I've never had a rabbit die at that age. :wave: The closest one to that age that passed was Moe at age 8.

Obviously buns can live longer and it depends on a lot of variables, like with any other animal or person, but I think 5-6 is a common age when rabbits get cancer and other problems because they are generally middle aged at 5-6.

I'm not saying its always true, of course, but I don't see how anyone could say there isn't any truth in it at all. :?

Average for a human is around 75, even though we can live to be over 115 years old.

Back