• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making my twosome a threesome?

... I'll wash em and photograph them BEFORE I put them on!!

I know. I think I will always have a longing for another wee one, but my heart just melts when I see them snuggling and grooming. Oh if I was the cause of them falling out I think I'd die too!!! But someone else more knowledgable than me could say to go for it!:)

I think its because I would love to help another rescue bun, but at the same time I really don't want to anything to harm their bond.

Maybe I should get a hamster, or a piggie?

Just do what I did. Tell the other half you want another one. Get it then a month later tell him he/she should really have another bun for company, hello bunny number 4. Repeat until you reach the stage that you ask for another bun and the other half says oh well you may as well get another two! :lol::lol:

haha.. my OH just goes along with what I say animal wise :lol: He is a big softie anyway, him and my Bobby have a special bond.

Its just me being limted on space I really would need the bond to work ya see

I think its because I would love to help another rescue bun, but at the same time I really don't want to anything to harm their bond.

Maybe I should get a hamster, or a piggie?

I took two piggies from a breeder that were in terrible condition. One had to be shaved because she had severe lice. The other one was a nervous wreck.w To see how they've both come on in a couple of months has been very rewarding and they are really happy wee piggies now and very sweet. I would reccommend them! Stink to high heaven though so I use megazorb under hay for outdoors and inco pad and fleece for indoors at night!

Yep I'd reccommend piggies but be prepaired for your veg bill to soar!!!:roll:

I took two piggies from a breeder that were in terrible condition. One had to be shaved because she had severe lice. The other one was a nervous wreck.w To see how they've both come on in a couple of months has been very rewarding and they are really happy wee piggies now and very sweet. I would reccommend them! Stink to high heaven though so I use megazorb under hay for outdoors and inco pad and fleece for indoors at night!

Yep I'd reccommend piggies but be prepaired for your veg bill to soar!!!:roll:

I may do a little reasearch then, do they need as much space as buns, because they would have to live downstairs and the buns would live upstairs.. dunno where I'll be living yet :lol:

haha.. my OH just goes along with what I say animal wise He is a big softie anyway, him and my Bobby have a special bond.

My Hubby pretends he is not interested in my buns, but if any of you saw the mans best friend competition in Bunny Mad magazine I think that proves otherwise!

If you are worried about space I think to be honest I wouldn't attempt a trio. I have tried and failed trios before but always knew I had space to keep seperate if needed of other buns to try bonding with.

I may do a little reasearch then, do they need as much space as buns, because they would have to live downstairs and the buns would live upstairs.. dunno where I'll be living yet

Min for piggies is 4x2x2 plus run as oppossed to 6x2x2 for bunnies. Obviously bigger is always better especially if you have boys as they do have a tendancy to squabble.

My Hubby pretends he is not interested in my buns, but if any of you saw the mans best friend competition in Bunny Mad magazine I think that proves otherwise!

If you are worried about space I think to be honest I wouldn't attempt a trio. I have tried and failed trios before but always knew I had space to keep seperate if needed of other buns to try bonding with.

No your completley right, I know deep down I can't just needed help talking myself out of it :cry:

There are s ome cute Hammies about as well ... or piggies .. is there any stopping me?? aha I think not :lol:

Min for piggies is 4x2x2 plus run as oppossed to 6x2x2 for bunnies. Obviously bigger is always better especially if you have boys as they do have a tendancy to squabble.

Hmm that could be doable.

But really my maisonette is quite small. I need to just accept I cant help them all :cry:

Right goes of in search of the perfect hammie :love:

I may do a little reasearch then, do they need as much space as buns, because they would have to live downstairs and the buns would live upstairs.. dunno where I'll be living yet :lol:

No they don't seem to like wide open spaces - it frightens them! Mine live in a 5x2 hutch outside during the day and come in to a c&c grid at night the pannels are 14inches and it's built 2 panels by 4 so that's about 5 x 2 and a bit feet. For 2 or even 3 that would be ample. For two I can get away with changing the inco pad around once a week 6 days or so. The fleece on top needs changing every other day and brushed up once per day. They def smell stronger than rabbits. Their poo seems to smell - maybe it's all the veggies!! Lovely to listen to them chattering to each other at night and nibbling their hay!!

No they don't seem to like wide open spaces - it frightens them! Mine live in a 5x2 hutch outside during the day and come in to a c&c grid at night the pannels are 14inches and it's built 2 panels by 4 so that's about 5 x 2 and a bit feet. For 2 or even 3 that would be ample. For two I can get away with changing the inco pad around once a week 6 days or so. The fleece on top needs changing every other day and brushed up once per day. They def smell stronger than rabbits. Their poo seems to smell - maybe it's all the veggies!! Lovely to listen to them chattering to each other at night and nibbling their hay!!

Awwwww... :love: I met a lovley one in PAH the other week, he was a right cheeky monkey... is little ginger face just reminded me of me :lol:

I would def get rescue though.. right will have a word with Ian, my house smells of boys and rabbits anyway :roll:
Having your BF and Bro in the same house is a smelly icky urr

I was going to suggest a hammie - I have been sooo tempted and OH keeps pestering ME for one but we have our hands full with alot at the mo and dont want to take on too much, we may even have problems housing all 4 buns as well..

I think if you dont have room for seperate buns - if the bond doesnt work then dont do it as it compromises the space for your original pair. I only got my 3 and 4th as I knew I had outside to fall back on - which I have had to as mine fell out (though I may be trying for the group bond again soon but shhhussh its secret)

I was going to suggest a hammie - I have been sooo tempted and OH keeps pestering ME for one but we have our hands full with alot at the mo and dont want to take on too much, we may even have problems housing all 4 buns as well..

I think if you dont have room for seperate buns - if the bond doesnt work then dont do it as it compromises the space for your original pair. I only got my 3 and 4th as I knew I had outside to fall back on - which I have had to as mine fell out (though I may be trying for the group bond again soon but shhhussh its secret)

Yeah I know, I could do it at a squeeze but I would literally have no flat left :oops:

so Lets me Sensible Shelly for now... *searches for cute hammy and piggie pics*

Awwwww... :love: I met a lovley one in PAH the other week, he was a right cheeky monkey... is little ginger face just reminded me of me :lol:

I would def get rescue though.. right will have a word with Ian, my house smells of boys and rabbits anyway :roll:
Having your BF and Bro in the same house is a smelly icky urr

Well then you wont notice the smell!!

.... go on.... you know you want to /two!!!

DSC00687.jpg

they do look big don't they? I have never kept piggies but I imagined them to be smaller really

When I got Oreo he was smaller than my hamster. Both my other piggies were small too. But everyone elses piggies are twice the size of mine.

Here's oreo as a baby:

FudgeOreo.jpg

Last edited:
When I got Oreo he was smaller than my hamster. But every other piggy I've ever seen is about twice his size.

Mine are quite big - about the size of a small nethie!! Makes em cuddly though! Maybe I feed em too much!! They have huuuuuuuge bums!!!! I called the longhaired one Penelope and the wee ginger one is Hazel! Stinky girls!! :love:

Back