• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate! Press Release - Britains Hidden Shame (UPSETTING IMAGE FOLLOWS)

Agree, its a matter of 'horses for courses' The new one should be fine for schools, hopefully it can be used as a questioning tool... 'what is wrong with the bunny in the picture' kind of exercise. It should be available here soon.

Good idea:D

Absolutely disgusting will definitely be spreading the message.

I agree on the children front, but the graphic pictures need to remain. It happened in real life, somebody saw it and pictured it, people being sheltered from these kind of things is the reason they still go on. The precious bunnies lived and died like that, it deserves to be witnessed by as many people as possible.

yes but do you have to put up pics of animal experiments too..like a few years ago when they were at every single bank cashpoint and reduced us to tears...we are all too well aware..i found out about rabbits and shampoos etc when i was 6 yrs old..and its only words and it has always stuck with me....words are often stronger..in this day and age somne will be too upset and others will be desensitised..:(

you dont want to be extreme one way or the other....

most of us have vivd enough imaginations..but how would you feel if you took a child or frail old lady with you to the vets and saw either or both of these images on the wall at the vets? give people the choice of words or graphic images...sometimes less is more....my days of leaflet dropping on the evils of factory farming and battery hens still stays with me even today.

Years ago the RSPCA ran a compaign showing posters of dead dog mountains, which were dogs all piled up high in black bin bags, they lost a lot of support from dog owners and the general public as a result of the posters.

I think people should know what is going on but I think you do have to be careful with images as if the public think groups are being extreme they tend to stay away from them and their material.

Maybe a blacked out imagine saying they are too distressing to show would work better.

I've shared the press release. It is very well written and i really hope we can gather so much support for the cause. xxx

oh gods you could have put a warning about upsetting images on here too..im having nightmares after seeing one pic on fbook:cry::cry:

could you do a txt only version of the original thread..plees..i cant be the only one who cant handle the images..like those groups on facebook about animals being skinned alive etc..id join this and that :cry:nd ive signed so many petitions..but will not or cannot when there are these pics that get in your head..and make you sick and cry.

for those of us with a weak stomach........a txt only version..please please.

Have now added a new visual to the STOP poster that would be more suitable for children or folks that are not comfortable viewing the more grusome photographs. Shown above.

FAO - The Duchess

The Duchess

Just one small thing - I know on the MMC chocolate page where the press release is you have put a warning about the images but when the page loads you can already see the particular image in question as it is at the very top.

Could you link to the press release so that people have to physically click on it?

When i tweet it out I can tweet the page with the link and people will see that if they choose to read it then there will be upsetting images - i cant fit the warning into the 140 tweet limit :/

sorry - dont mean to be difficult. it's just this is really going to quite a lot of people on twitter now and i dont want it to backlash :/

Last edited:
Those poor poor bunnies, i'm on the verge of tears and would be in floods if i wasn't at work. :cry: That would be brilliant to have a tie in with Lindt or another major chocolate company. Keep up the good work :wave:

Just one small thing - I know on the MMC chocolate page where the press release is you have put a warning about the images but when the page loads you can already see the particular image in question as it is at the very top.

Could you link to the press release so that people have to physically click on it?

When i tweet it out I can tweet the page with the link and people will see that if they choose to read it then there will be upsetting images - i cant fit the warning into the 140 tweet limit :/

sorry - dont mean to be difficult. it's just this is really going to quite a lot of people on twitter now and i dont want it to backlash :/

I get your point Amy and have messaged Lisa who writes our web page. We'll see what we can do to remedy it in due course.

ITV Daybreak did an article on Rabbits in rescue some months back, the may well be interested in your campaign?

I've posted the campaign on our forum too, and sent it to a couple of professional bods I know. I've never seen anything so hearbreaking :(

interesting - thanks for daybreak info

will try and make contact and also see if they are on twitter :D

Helen - press releases look great! Who does your PR? I understand you might've been in touch with someone called Paul Sutton for a bit who is a social media/PR expert and he mentioned the campaign to me when I worked at a PR company with him.

UPDATE FROM PACT

The team from PACT have estimated that they will need in the region of £6,000 for the basic care and neutering for these bunnies. To date approx £1,500 has been raised. So donations of funds will still be needed, no matter how small.

The immediate need is for accommodation, and everything else that is needed to house rabbits so still in need of bottles/bowls/hay/foodstuffs.

Whilst Burgess and Supreme have offered assistance, PACT would still like to receive donations of dried food (they currently use Excel and one other pelleted food) as despite the donations from the major manufacturers, they know that they will need much more in the future when the 30 pregnant females deliver their litters. So no matter how little the quanitity, food will still be gratefully received.

The offers of vet nurses going to assist would also be well recieved - clipping of nails and other healthcare. PACT have their own vet team with one vet nurse but would be happy if those of you have offered to go get in touch to see how you can help.

They have recieved many offers of homes from across the UK but can currently only rehome to places where they have a known homechecker.

If you are interested in homechecking for PACT and have a proven track record in homechecking for an existing rescue, could you please contact me via therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk and I will record your details and pass them on.

All homechecking will need to be carried out to the same high standards that PACT currently operate to.

Will keep you posted on any other developments with regard to needs for donations and assistance.

Thank you everyone.

I've added the press release to a site on ebay that sells/sways items on there is also animals for re-homing, I have added the press release MMC on there, hopefully it won't get removed :?

Helen - press releases look great! Who does your PR? I understand you might've been in touch with someone called Paul Sutton for a bit who is a social media/PR expert and he mentioned the campaign to me when I worked at a PR company with him.

We have no colaboration with a PR company currently but have volunteers who have media/PR knowledge.

Always interested in hearing from people in that field that can offer some assistance.

Any offers can be directed to info@makeminechocolate.org.uk

UPDATE FROM PACT

The team from PACT have estimated that they will need in the region of £6,000 for the basic care and neutering for these bunnies. To date approx £1,500 has been raised. So donations of funds will still be needed, no matter how small.

The immediate need is for accommodation, and everything else that is needed to house rabbits so still in need of bottles/bowls/hay/foodstuffs.

Whilst Burgess and Supreme have offered assistance, PACT would still like to receive donations of dried food (they currently use Excel and one other pelleted food) as despite the donations from the major manufacturers, they know that they will need much more in the future when the 30 pregnant females deliver their litters. So no matter how little the quanitity, food will still be gratefully received.

The offers of vet nurses going to assist would also be well recieved - clipping of nails and other healthcare. PACT have their own vet team with one vet nurse but would be happy if those of you have offered to go get in touch to see how you can help.

They have recieved many offers of homes from across the UK but can currently only rehome to places where they have a known homechecker.

If you are interested in homechecking for PACT and have a proven track record in homechecking for an existing rescue, could you please contact me via therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk and I will record your details and pass them on.

All homechecking will need to be carried out to the same high standards that PACT currently operate to.

Will keep you posted on any other developments with regard to needs for donations and assistance.

Thank you everyone.

I contacted them when it first came to light and got back this reply

Hi Tracy
Please forgive me if I have already answered your e mail or not as the case may be - fraid I am slowly losing the plot! Anyway will definitely take you up on your offer of home checks and will be in touch if we need anything in your area.
Regards

So they have me on their records (complete with RSPCA details to get a reference for me if they want/need one), but if you want me on yours too, let me know.

Back