• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisie has stopped eating U/D P194. Back home but shy

Any news?
This happened to my bun last night. I took her to the vets and they said there was gut movement and it wasn't stasis but she was a bit 'gassy'.
I was given a probiotic to syringe feed her with. She was much brighter this morning. She's just had a bit more probiotic.
Hope your bun is ok xxx

Sending lots of vibes x

Which vets did you end up heading to?

The Rosemary Lodge vet by Odd Down, not sure if you've been there before?

Just got back in. The vet says that she has a blockage in her gutt and that it isn't stasis but is potentially very serious as there is a fluid build up in her gutt. He is going to put her on painkillers, laxitives, and a course of other medication to try and clear the blockage. She is having an x-ray later this evening and he is going to call with the results.

He advised that she stay there the night and that Marvin stay with us so that we don't end up with two very stressed and ill rabbits :(

I am so upset I am having the worst possible week :cry:

poor maisie and poor you.. :(

sending lots of vibes for you both and hope she is home safe with you and mavin soon. x

The Rosemary Lodge vet by Odd Down, not sure if you've been there before?

Just got back in. The vet says that she has a blockage in her gutt and that it isn't stasis but is potentially very serious as there is a fluid build up in her gutt. He is going to put her on painkillers, laxitives, and a course of other medication to try and clear the blockage. She is having an x-ray later this evening and he is going to call with the results.

He advised that she stay there the night and that Marvin stay with us so that we don't end up with two very stressed and ill rabbits :(

I am so upset I am having the worst possible week :cry:

Oh I do hope she is going to be ok! Vibes and hugs coming your way! Please keep us posted!!

02052011047.jpg

This is what she isn't doing at the moment :cry:

I hope the blockage passes soon.
What an awful worrying night you are going to have.
Sending lots of get well vibes.

I am sorry :cry:

You have done absolutely the right thing by getting her straight to a Vet.

Sending millions of vibes for her xx

Back