• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made my decision...UPDATE//Last page

That's how you feel. And it's fair enough. But let's not lynch someone who happens to have a differing opinion. That's how wars are started.

Let's just be happy for the bunny that gets a good home, wherever they come from :)
Wow :lol:
The OP is defending her position and rather defiantly so in her title, on a rescue forum no less. I am hardly lynching her, just pointing out that she is not rescueing a rabbit like she said she is in the beginning. I can't sit back when someone says how nice it is to dock tails or making contributions to keep the cruel type animal breeders in business is not such a bad thing.
How nice for all the rescues on here that people are saying buying from a pet store is rescueing, bravo.

The word rescue can mean different things to different people. If one were to look up the dictionary definition of rescue, then it would probably apply here. I also don't believe this forum is just a 'rescue forum'. It seems to me that it has a much wider scope about looking out for the interests of all rabbits and helping people towards that.

The word rescue can mean different things to different people. If one were to look up the dictionary definition of rescue, then it would probably apply here. I also don't believe this forum is just a 'rescue forum'. It seems to me that it has a much wider scope about looking out for the interests of all rabbits and helping people towards that.
I believe in this thread rescue would mean what is means on this forum. I never said it was "just" a rescue forum, but it is a forum on a rabbit rescue site. :shock: I'm sorry it is the truth that it is irresponsible to buy rabbits from wholesalers and increase the demand. I live in an area where animal welfare awareness is particularily high and an educated public is common, so those semantics or generalizations are meaningless to me.

I believe in this thread rescue would mean what is means on this forum. I never said it was "just" a rescue forum, but it is a forum on a rabbit rescue site. :shock: I'm sorry it is the truth that it is irresponsible to buy rabbits from wholesalers and increase the demand. I live in an area where animal welfare awareness is particularily high and an educated public is common, so those semantics or generalizations are meaningless to me.

The word means whatever it was meant to mean in the context it was originally posted in. You can't deny people the use of a word just because you've attached special meaning to it. She even used quotes around the word to signify that it might not be the same usage as you would be used to.

If you want to offer your opinion on it, then that's fine, but there is no need to belittle other people in the process. Other people have different opinions and we all need to respect them.

The word means whatever it was meant to mean in the context it was originally posted in. You can't deny people the use of a word just because you've attached special meaning to it. She even used quotes around the word to signify that it might not be the same usage as you would be used to.

If you want to offer your opinion on it, then that's fine, but there is no need to belittle other people in the process. Other people have different opinions and we all need to respect them.
What are you defending now? You make no real sense to me in any of your posts, sorry, end of "conversation" here.

Gosh I'm sorry guys I didn't mean to start anything... :cry: I never really mean to imply that I was thinking I was rescuing a rabbit, hence quotations...I just didn't know any other way to put it without sounding like a ***** but I apparently screwed that up too :cry:

I have looked for shelters in my area, but the closest ones don't have rabbits and the ones that do are at least 3 to 4 hours away from where I am located.....putting all the gas+adoption fees on top of that...I've spent much more than I have =[ I'm sorry but I just don't have the money to adopt nor do I feel I would be elegable to adopt either....I just have that gut feeling. Don't ask me why but I do :(

And I know he should be the one to pick her out but what other options do I have? I know for a fact they have spayed rabbits there, as well. And, if they don't bond, no big deal. I have room for her to roam and they don't need to be together but it never hurts to try right? :oops:

I love my baby boy and I just want him to have a wifey, a companion. I'm going out of my way to make him happy, WAY out of my way doing things that people would think to be stupid....but I don't :cry:

I suppose I'm not welcome here anymore...sorry for starting things..I didn't mean to...

Of COURSE you are still welcome here.....PLEASE don't feel like that! ::hugs::

People on here just have differing opinions and views, and feel very strongly about them. You obviously love your boy VERY much.....and all bunny lovers who strive to do right by their bunnies are welcome here. :D

Gosh I'm sorry guys I didn't mean to start anything... :cry: I never really mean to imply that I was thinking I was rescuing a rabbit, hence quotations...I just didn't know any other way to put it without sounding like a ***** but I apparently screwed that up too :cry:

I have looked for shelters in my area, but the closest ones don't have rabbits and the ones that do are at least 3 to 4 hours away from where I am located.....putting all the gas+adoption fees on top of that...I've spent much more than I have =[ I'm sorry but I just don't have the money to adopt nor do I feel I would be elegable to adopt either....I just have that gut feeling. Don't ask me why but I do :(

And I know he should be the one to pick her out but what other options do I have? I know for a fact they have spayed rabbits there, as well. And, if they don't bond, no big deal. I have room for her to roam and they don't need to be together but it never hurts to try right? :oops:

I love my baby boy and I just want him to have a wifey, a companion. I'm going out of my way to make him happy, WAY out of my way doing things that people would think to be stupid....but I don't :cry:

I suppose I'm not welcome here anymore...sorry for starting things..I didn't mean to...

You are certainly welcome here :wave:

Don't let the inpolite people put you off, it's still a great forum :)

Here is the House Rabbit Society site of Ohio, I belong to the California one and they are amazing. If they can't help with buns available or bunny runs for you for some reason, then they are a great resourse for good vets and other info. Good luck Hun and of course you are welcome, you seem like a lovely
person and bun owner. it was a disagreement between a few members about the consequences of choices rather than your individual situation.

http://www.ohare.org/

Thanks for the link but I've known about that site for a while and it still confuses me =\ The vets, like the shelters, are hours away from me and I haven't gotten money to pay for specialty vet care, I think I'll just work out a deal with my local vet =[

Also, there is no building, locations or even prices on there?? I don't want just a number to call, I'd rather walk in to the place and talk to someone one on one, not the phone.

Also, where those people live are way farther than I can drive. See, I live in the 330 area, and they live in 440 and 419, a 3 to 4 hour drive just one way...I can't do it =\ I really would like an alternative but I just don't have one..

Thanks for the link but I've known about that site for a while and it still confuses me =\ The vets, like the shelters, are hours away from me and I haven't gotten money to pay for specialty vet care, I think I'll just work out a deal with my local vet =[

Also, there is no building, locations or even prices on there?? I don't want just a number to call, I'd rather walk in to the place and talk to someone one on one, not the phone.

Also, where those people live are way farther than I can drive. See, I live in the 330 area, and they live in 440 and 419, a 3 to 4 hour drive just one way...I can't do it =\ I really would like an alternative but I just don't have one..
Oh sorry your avatar says NE Ohio so I thought you would be 50 miles or less from Akron. Are you closer to Columbus?http://www.columbusrabbit.org/adoptablerabbits.html
Here is one rabbit in your area code and there are many others in foster care in your area http://www.ohare.org/need/bonnie.htm#intro Also petfinders.com shows your areas fosters, rescues and shelter rabbits http://www.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi?tmpl=&preview=&animal=Rabbit&preview=&zip=oh
These people work so hard to ensure that the pet you adopt is in the best health and it would be better for your boy bun's health as well. Petsmart stores would even be better than the fair as they all have vets on staff right on site and the rabbits for sale are well cared for, and only from rescues.
http://www.superpages.com/b2b/N-Petsmart/S-OH/

Thanks so much for those links but I have an update.

On my WAY to the fair I was telling my mother about what I wanted to do and she said she was getting a number of a lady that she works with who raises rabbits (not breeds, but rescues and rehomes) who is about 10 minutes down the street and gives them to loving homes for almost nothing.

I never would have known this if she hadn't asked and I'm so glad I found out at the right time.

Also, the fair was fun but it was like butcher fest T__T Right next to the rabbit building they were serving RABBIT to EAT...I was like... :x

Back