• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mables poorly/ UD she's gone :(

What time did she start behaving oddly....

I'm not 100% sure... I know she was totally normal this morning, and then seemed overheated earlier which is when I put the fan on and she would still eat then, and when this threat was first posted was when she went really weird.

She may just have a little gas then... the heat may have stressed her a bit today. I doubt you will get much sleep, just keep a close eye on her. If you need me for anything ring me and I'll come over. Do you still have my number...

She may just have a little gas then... the heat may have stressed her a bit today. I doubt you will get much sleep, just keep a close eye on her. If you need me for anything ring me and I'll come over. Do you still have my number...

My mams phoning the vets now... They're quite good with buns so we'll ask and take her in at 9 if she's still bad.
I've got your number, but my vets is about a 10 min walk from me so it won't take me long to get her there if they say take her now

Crikey.. the cost doesn't surprise me! They'll add meds on top of that too :(

At least she is being seen though, they should at least give her some pain relief and gut stimulants. Everytime mine have done this to me it's been late at night and i've had to use the emergency vets!

£135! My mam hates me now ha :roll:
She's had gut stimulant, pain relief, antibiotic and she has some panacur and recovery food for me to give her.

Shall I keep her seperate from Charlie so I can see if she eats/poos/wees?
And when shall I start her on the panacur and the recovery food?
I have a syringe too so I can also give her water if I still should?

Oh thank god she likes the recovery food! Will give her that and some water every hour or so until someone can come and give me advice

£135! My mam hates me now ha :roll:
She's had gut stimulant, pain relief, antibiotic and she has some panacur and recovery food for me to give her.

Shall I keep her seperate from Charlie so I can see if she eats/poos/wees?
And when shall I start her on the panacur and the recovery food?
I have a syringe too so I can also give her water if I still should?

I can't help with too much here, but I would say yes to separating so you can see the poos, but making sure they can still see each other, groom through bars, that kind of thing.

I wouldn't give water by syringe unless she isn't drinking on her own. It can be a tad stressful to buns, so better to avoid that if you can.

Also, she will be getting water from the recovery care food. Try and tempt with wet veggies, that way you can keep fluids up that way.

Don't know about the rest, but sending vibes!

oh no. :( so sorry to hear this.:(

sending hugs to you at this difficult time. xxx

sleep peacefully mable. xxx

Last edited:
I am so upset for you Steph I really am.. :cry::cry:

I really don't care what anyone thinks, but I am fairly sure this is to do with her being the runt and not having the best start in life. It's happened too many times that I know of where the weakest ones have made it through and then passed at a similar age to a gut related issue.

I know it's no consolation to you, but I really don't think there is anything that you could have done. I am so sorry that I gave her to you for her to be taken away so soon. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
xx

Last edited:
I am so upset for you Steph I really am.. :cry::cry:

I really don't care what anyone thinks, but I am fairly sure this is to do with her being the runt and not having the best start in life. It's happened too many times that I know of where the weakest ones have made it through and then passed at a similar age to a gut related issue.

I know it's no consolation to you, but I really don't think there is anything that you could have done. I am so sorry that I gave her to you for her to be taking away so soon. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
xx

My mam thinks it was genetic, coz by the end it looked sort of brain related. I don't think she could see and she couldn't sit up, like a stroke or something... She spent her last few moments cuddled in bed with me though so I hope she was happy.
I swear I've never been so heartbroken :(

My mam thinks it was genetic, coz by the end it looked sort of brain related. I don't think she could see and she couldn't sit up, like a stroke or something... She spent her last few moments cuddled in bed with me though so I hope she was happy.
I swear I've never been so heartbroken :(

You could be right. It makes me so angry with the people that she came from, their stupidity and ignorance creates so much heartache for others.

I think she knew how much she was loved, and she was so lucky to have had you and the life you have provided for her. I hope Charlie is ok. x

Back