• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what we made Amber yesterday :-)

Well the first batch of Fenugreek crackers were a disaster, I tried to do them very thing and rolled it out and scored with a knife. They stuck to the grease proof paper LOL so went in the bin :lol:.
These have just cooled though and passed the taste test :D

DSCF2744.jpg

DSCF2750.jpg

Recipe :
1/ 1 tsp fenugreek seeds ( find them in the dried herbs and spices in shops ) pounded to crack them open.
2/ 2 hand fulls of pellets, ground as small as you can.
3/ tsp porridge oats
4/ 2 tsp of parsley finely chopped
5/ Some water mixed so it makes a sticky paste.

They were quite hard to make into shapes but I got there in the end :lol:

I love making biccies...it's all about experimenting...have you tried leaving pellets to soak overnight in a mixture of juice and water? never tried it myself but it just come to mind :roll:
You could also use some pineapple juice (moult ;)) and bind by adding a little honey to the mixture as well, ingredient wise I have used banana and it makes good for binding (bit sticky on the fingers)! I use the tiny bits of hays that's left in hay pkts at the bottom.
You could add chopped basil, corriander, parsley, apple, carrot, pear anything your buns love.

Def just as treats though :D

I got a recipe of the net last time I made them, this time I just winged it.
1/ I bashed up a small mug of pellets till they were mostly dust.
2/ Grated an apple into one bowl and a carrot into another bowl.
3/ Devided the pellet dust between the two bowls.
4/ Put a small handful of Porridge oats ( thinks this acts as a binder much as an egg would in a cake ) into each bowl.
5/ I added about 2 tablespoons of apple juice ( you can use water ) into each bowl, do a bit at a time till you can make a kind of dough with the mix .
6/ Shape and bake on a baking tray covered with grease proof on a low oven for about 45 minutes till dried and not spongy in the middle, you must leave them in the oven while the oven cools as this helps them dry out properly.
7/ Store in a Tupperware container, and hide from your Rabbit :lol:

It is kind of messy trying to shape them but worth it :D

Very cool idea- happy bunnys!! xx

But it's easy to forgive them when you look at their cutey wooty faces!! :love:

:lol: I'm making them in a minute and look who's just plonked on the bed next to me. The one and only Pierre bonce and hes nudging me for strokes. He knows full well hes getting treats soon :lol:

Those biccys look lovely, I might try having a go tomorrow as I have some spare veg that needs using up.
Might try parsley and carrot or something.

Just a note - do not use a coffee grinder to grind the pellets - i've used a morphy richards one, a moulinex one and a James Martin one - they all bit the dust and broke - the James Martin one after just 1 use :roll:

ETA: There is a recipe doing the rounds with weetabix and oats (carrot/apple/crabberry ones) - it is much easier too.

Last edited:
I tried it!

dabc0f81.jpg

46ea5f72.jpg

03301b65.jpg

7ef8ba36.jpg
(Worst coffee grinder in the world...)

b73ca6b4.jpg
Goop!

And it was here I came across my problem!

Every time I rolled/flattened it out the carrot bits were too big and stuck out, which means they'd get burnt in the oven.

So to anyone following this recipe, grate your carrots on the smallest gratey bit!

In the end I've just squidged it out and scored it, left it on the side overnight to dry a bit and I'll bung it in the oven when we cook tomorrow. We haven't got anywhere warm in the house as we have the boiler in the garage rather than a boiler room or anything, and nowhere near a radiator unless we make the tray levitate! :lol:!

Sorry to post my failure of an attempt but it's worth it if it prevents anyone else making the same dumb mistake :oops:

5b540007.jpg

Back