• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola - She's sleeping now, forever dreaming U/D P158

omg stef....i cannot believe it:cry:

At least i am guessing..she went under the GA? painfree.....dreaming of mummy and daddy and binkies.

All i can do is offer up so many hugs for you and jay....when the bunny who has made such an impact on your life goes anyway..esp this way....ive lost two buns to it.....:cry: the loss is imense....the pain too much..but weve all had this searing pain..were all on here a keyboard stroke away.

HUGS XXXX

binky free little Lola xx

i will epeat what i always repeat...when our beloved oscar died due to this..we took his body to the vets to be colelcted for cremation..we were devastated and i was in floods of tears so was nikki..he was in a carrier on her lap in her wheelchair.

A lady we saw on way out..gently took me to one side with nikki......she said shed taken in and lost so many pets over the years...but someone told her this and she wanted to pass it on to us.

No matter how shocking or how painless or quick a pets death....they like people do not feel the last few seconds/minute...bodies shut down by then.

she said....a pet comes into your life and loves you and you love them..you do so much for each other. Then one day the cruelest time is losing them...BUT they were with you until they could be loved no more as they were already loved more than life itself....another pet is in desperate need of your help and love....the fist pet passes on to let this new pet come into your life.

she said she truly believd this to be so...and over the past years ive come to agree with her.

so grieve..grieve as much and as long as you need to....dont let anyone belittle you for it. Then somewhere along the line...this new pet will become a part of the family and lola will smile upon you all.

xx

Thank you so much for your thoughts. Me and Jay have bought a 16 section photo frame to fill with pictures of our baby girl, she's also going to be the angel on our christmas tree this year and many years to come.

We hoped we could read through this by now, but it's just unbearable. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day going through my 3000+ bunny pictures, my printed photo albums and all my videos and just cherish and think about everything. I'm still in the denial stage, work was incredibly hard today. Max is soldiering on, Lola is living through him; he seems to have picked up some of her naughtiness in her absence. :)

I miss her so much, I miss my eggy.x

Just seen this, so so sorry you lost your baby girl :cry: I know the pain is unbearable :cry:
Binky free beautiful Lola x

Only just seen this, I am so so sorry Stef :( At least she went knowing she was loved more than anything by you and Jay xx

Thank you. I'd just like to say a few things.

Lola survived over 18hours with bloat, she survived a journey to two different vets, one bieng a fair distance in Harrogate. FHB was completely stumped by my baby girl. They x-rayed her to find the blockage wasn't at the start of her small intestines but slightly within, they also took glucose levels which should have been high..but they were low/average..if anything lower than the normal bunny without a blockage.

FHB waited an hour re-x-rayed my darling and re took glucose levels, everything was the same. If the mass had begun to move surgery was not going to be carried out.

Now the first x-ray caught a little of Lola's lungs.. FHB was concerned as her lungs looked to be in such poor conditions, she wasn;t sure how she's handle the GA. Now Lola has had so many GA's we're in double figures, but she's also had significant URTI's throughout her life including pneumonia only last year. It was assumed that this is what had caused the major damage to her lungs. FHB knew thee was a risk with Lola and spent a while deciding what to do. In this time Lola decided to eat some apple..and actually enjoyed it. She was never listless throughout this.

After much delibertation FHB decided that surgery was the option to take if it were her bun and hence this was the route we went down, the apple eating gave her a little faith as well as adding to confusion.

Lola's lungs gave up on her when FHB was putting a tube down her throat to try release some of the gas from her tummy.

I think my baby girl knew it was time, she ate her apple and enjoyed it, apple was her favourite treat and so it makes sense. She went as if running, so peaceful, so gorgeous as always.

That same morning Lola sat in my arms eating parsley, grroming me and eating my coat. She was happy to have mummy holding her, loving her and kissing her as I always did. She was my everything, my favourite and my world.:cry: She knew that. We had a bond so strong.

Due to Lola's lung condition she was on borrowed time and even if she had made this, she would more than likely lose her battle to her next GA whilst having a dental or even should she have gotten a worsened URTI. She felt no pain when she went, she had apple in her tummy, and drifted off into an eternal sleep.

FHB believed Lola had an underlying lung condition and was surprised Lola ahad survived as long as she had.

Lola was lucky to live as long as she did, she was a fighter bunny, a human bunny, my chicky. We went through so much and every penny spent on her was worth it. She'd spend mine and Jay's weekly earnings combined in less than an hour..but she was worth it. I'd give anything to have her back, but I know now that she knew we loved her, we loved her more than anything and she us.

We will meet again. I'm certain of it, and when we do I'm never letting her go.:cry: I miss her so much.

Thank you everyone xxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry. :cry:

Based on what you just said though, little Lola was so very lucky to have found you and Jay to be her humans. With all the problems you described, it looks like, had she been in less devoted hands, she may not have lived as long and had such a nice life. Please try and take comfort from this.

xx

I'm so sorry. :cry:

Based on what you just said though, little Lola was so very lucky to have found you and Jay to be her humans. With all the problems you described, it looks like, had she been in less devoted hands, she may not have lived as long and had such a nice life. Please try and take comfort from this.

xx

Thank you hun,

I am trying to be so positive about this and I am trying to take this view. Lola had severe dental disease - when she died she actually only have one molar on her whole right side of her mouth and this was stump-like. Bless my little chicky.:love: I just want to hold her, cuddle her, smell her - she smelled divine. She was such a character and I know I was her favourite parent. :oops: Daddy knew too. Gah I miss her so much :cry::cry:

Back