• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola isn't right, off to the vets U/D Post 49.

Sorry I don't have any knowledge or experience of cystitis in rabbits. Sending continued healing vibes xx

If she's got either cystitis or stones she's doing exactly the right things to get herself better by drinking a lot (flush out bacteria or gravel). She's been given strong painkillers :thumb: so all contingencies are covered until tomorrow's vet visit.

The only thing you need to do is to check that she can still wee. (Rarely gravel can block the urethra so the bladder can't empty)
The bladder is in the same position as ours & enlarges like ours does.;)

Everything crossed for Lola, & big hugs to you.
ETA Bladder enlargement is an emergency.
ETA I wouldn't give more than a smidgin of dandelion until her gut starts moving. They're diuretic, & if she's on the verge of stasis we don't want her dehydrated.

Last edited:
Also, if it is cystitis try using a nice soft litter. I dunno if it's the same for bunnies but when people have cystitis the less potentially irritant anything that comes into contact with that area is the better, that and loads of water to flush the infection x I hope she feels better soon x

Hi guys sorry for the delay, it's been a long night. We ended up back at the vets at 1.30am, I just couldn't risk it being bladder inflammation. The vet took a sample from the small mass in her tummy, he said if urine came out it would mean she would have to have a catheter, x-rays and the lark. The needle gave normal digestive liquid, so the vet thought she must have the liquid mass in her caecum. A positive was the poops that were there when we went at 9.30ish had moved down through her system and were on the verge of being passed.

Me and O/H decided to put her into her base with Max so we could monitor her all night. We had a nap from 3-5am and then went back to check, she wasn't has docile, she turned around and wanted love from us, I tried her with coltsfoot and she nommed it. Gave her lots of love and I went back to sleep for another 2 hours, she has now wee'd fine, passes poops and eaten hay, coltsfoot, a treat um and some locust beans. Still no interest in the greens. My dad went out into the garden and got me some dandelions she nommed one straight down.

She's no longer hunched, she's washing herself and Max, she even laid out with her legs out which is fab! She's running around and is almost back to normal, still no interest in the veg, but we have dried herbs and hay nommage galore, as well as wees and poops and no sign of straining.

I'm so delighted, ecstatic even. Thank you everyone, I'll keep you posted.

I can't thank you all enough. I also received a lovely mothers day card this morning from the buns and Tinks, Lola is so clever knowing how to use Moonpig! :) xx

Glad she is doing better now :)

Personally I would not feed Locust Beans. Sometimes the seeds remain in them and they can get stuck in the small intestines causing a full obstruction :cry: The risk of this being significant in a Bun who's guts are already on a go slow xx

Glad she is doing better now :)

Personally I would not feed Locust Beans. Sometimes the seeds remain in them and they can get stuck in the small intestines causing a full obstruction :cry: The risk of this being significant in a Bun who's guts are already on a go slow xx

Ok, I'll stop, thanks for the heads up. :) xx

Back