• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola isn't right, off to the vets U/D Post 49.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your vibes.

We're now back. She's had a metaclop injection, some vetergesic and metacam as well as zantac.

I have some more vetergesic, metacam and zantac to keep her going, until I can get back to Manchester tomorrow to go to Ashleigh vets tomorrow. Typical she gets ill when I'm at my parents. :(

The vet could feel her guts moving, but he said there seemed to be a small mass of fluid either in her caecum or bladder (he couldn't quite tell). She still hasn't eaten, but we've got her to shred up hay into a million pieces so she's still interacting with us.

Max has also groomed her senseless, he loves her so much. The vet fell in love with her too. :oops:.

He checked her teeth and said some small spurs were evident too and a slight ulceration to the tongue. Thankfully it's not bloat, but eating vibes are still very much needed.

She's washing, but I haven't seen her pass anything, eat anything or drink anything.

Please can we have some more vibes, we've still got at least one very long night ahead of us.

Thanks, it really means so much! xx

Sending lots of vibes!! Hope Lola feels better in the morning!! Good news that she is showing interest in things!!

Poor Lola, Stef :( Sending you all the vibes we can for your special girl & hugs for you, hope she feels better soon xxx

Thank you everyone. I have tried using the search option to try help me out here.

I am now under serious consideration that Lola may have cystitis. She's drinking a lot, she's wee'd in places that aren't the litter tray, passed no poos, isn't eating, is hunched and keeps stretching her back. Either that or she may have stones, the vet did say this was a possibility.

Do any bunny mummies with this problem have any advice or suggestions? She's can't have anymore gut stimulant, pain relief or anti inflammatory drugs tonight now. I know about reducing the calcium in the diet too if this is the case. Currently on hold to the vet to talk to him. Don't know what to do :(

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice but I really hope you and her will be ok xxx I'm thinking if you both xxxxx

Thank you everyone. I have tried using the search option to try help me out here.

I am now under serious consideration that Lola may have cystitis. She's drinking a lot, she's wee'd in places that aren't the litter tray, passed no poos, isn't eating, is hunched and keeps stretching her back. Either that or she may have stones, the vet did say this was a possibility.

Do any bunny mummies with this problem have any advice or suggestions? She's can't have anymore gut stimulant, pain relief or anti inflammatory drugs tonight now. I know about reducing the calcium in the diet too if this is the case. Currently on hold to the vet to talk to him. Don't know what to do :(

I've heard that dandelions are really good for urinary tract infections (such as cystitis) in bunnies :) It's worth a try?
x

Back