• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
What do you put in your litter tray? I use saw dust but although I clean it out every day when they pee it smells by morning. Should I be using cat litter? What ever I use it needs to be quite cheap or I will get into trouble with my OH.:)

I use megazorb, its really good, just put a layer in tray and using gloved hand remove soiled area every day and change completely once a week. It varies in price from about £7 to £10 for 85 litre sack ( lasts ages ). If you are lucky there might be an equestrian supplier near you and then you wont have to pay delivery charges.

I use newspaper, then megazorb, then hay. It means when I'm cleaning out I can just pick up one end of the newspaper and roll the lot into a bin bag :D I do recycle the newspaper after, even if it is a bit manky...

I use newspaper, then megazorb, then hay. It means when I'm cleaning out I can just pick up one end of the newspaper and roll the lot into a bin bag :D I do recycle the newspaper after, even if it is a bit manky...

I have lots of boxes which just get tipped on the compost heap on the allotment every few days. I find with newspaper (a) it doesn't compost and (b) mine dig down to it and rip it up and make a complete mess. But I don't have to get the stuff into a bag, I think if I did I'd use newspaper.

Back