• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Affordable litter options?

I started using the washable puppy pads for Raven. They work pretty well and I was glad the hay shook off easily before rinsing and washing. I ordered another pack of 4 until I can locate a slightly thicker type for when he needs extra sub q fluids.
My lionheads just got a new larger litterbox and most pads are an inch or two smaller than needed, so they are not using these pads.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

Have you thought about the products you use? Maybe some of them are too strong and that's why he's sneezing that much.
Oh, too strong in what sense? Do you mean strong scents or, like, really powerful cleaners? I don't use any scented products for them or any air fresheners in my home, and the only cleaning thing I use for their stuff that has a smell is vinegar. I disinfect by steaming, so that should be okay, too, I think. :)

I started using the washable puppy pads for Raven. They work pretty well and I was glad the hay shook off easily before rinsing and washing. I ordered another pack of 4 until I can locate a slightly thicker type for when he needs extra sub q fluids.
My lionheads just got a new larger litterbox and most pads are an inch or two smaller than needed, so they are not using these pads.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk
Yay, I'm glad they're working pretty well for Raven, and that it's easy to shake the hay off. Hopefully you can find some thicker ones for when he's getting extra fluids. I hadn't considered that the extra sub q fluids must make him pee more!
That's too bad that the pads are a bit too small for the lionheads' new litter tray, though. But a new larger litter tray for them sounds really nice!

It's good to hear that the change in bedding helped with Casper's sneezing fits. I can understand your concern about the cost. Have you considered trying fleece bedding? It's soft, dust-free, and can be a cost-effective option in the long run as you can wash and reuse it.

It's good to hear that the change in bedding helped with Casper's sneezing fits. I can understand your concern about the cost. Have you considered trying fleece bedding? It's soft, dust-free, and can be a cost-effective option in the long run as you can wash and reuse it.
Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up going for washable puppy pads, and that's been working very well for us.

Back