• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly has a date arranged! UD Issues! See thread in bonding!

Just got the best text ever directly from Lilly herself :p

"Hi mummy, just to let you know I have just eaten my dinner, I shared with my new husbun and he let me have a little of his dinner too. [Fosterer] said we are being good bunnies. Miss you, but I will be home soon. Lots of love and snuggles Lilly and Giles xx"

:lol: I love it! The lady looking after them is very lovely isn't she?! :) Glad they're in bunny-loving hands! (Blanked out her name because I don't like giving peoples' names out because it seems odd unless they know I'm doing it!)

Awww, what a good girl lily is to let her mummy know she is ok :love:
Sending lots of bonding vibes to the new couple, but it sounds like it's all going ok :D

Brilliant. Good of her to text you as well!

Her husband sounds pretty perfect. Gorgeous looking and shares his food. :lol:

Thanks everyone :) I came down this morning and even though I knew Lilly wasn't there started saying "Hi Lill....." :( one day with no bunnies is one day too many!!!

Still stuck on names, he does look a bit like a Bear or Teddy with all that fluff :p although OH has put the criteria of no -y or -ie ending names (even though the only name he has suggested so far had a -y!) and my only stipulation is it should be at least two syllables long! :lol:

The current short list is now down to:

Logan
Roger

But I'm still searching for suggestions!

(ETA this was my 4000th post!)

Last edited:
Bunnies behaved themselves over night :D they're going to get slightly more space today so fingers crossed it doesn't trigger any territorial behaviours!

Sounds like things are going well :D I hope the good start means this is going to be a successful bond, although I'm aware the buns could change their minds at any point and fight so I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, although I am feeling a bit more optimistic now :)

Few more names I've thought of, ending in -er:

Cooper
Dexter
Jasper
Sawyer
Casper/Caspar
Oscar
Xavier
Walter

Glad to hear bonding is going OK!

Few more names I've thought of, ending in -er:

Cooper
Dexter
Jasper
Sawyer
Casper/Caspar
Oscar
Xavier
Walter

Glad to hear bonding is going OK!

:thumb:

My favourites on the list are Cooper, Dexter, Jasper and Oscar so I'll put them to OH and see if there's any he loves!

Today they've been fine again, had a little run about, some mounting from Lilly

They can come home whenever now but I really need to spend the first day with them to keep an eye on them and I can't take any days off this week :( so I'll pick them up on Friday evening and just sleep in the lounge over night and I can keep checks on them at the weekend

I miss having bunnies at home!

Thanks everyone :) I came down this morning and even though I knew Lilly wasn't there started saying "Hi Lill....." :( one day with no bunnies is one day too many!!!

Still stuck on names, he does look a bit like a Bear or Teddy with all that fluff :p although OH has put the criteria of no -y or -ie ending names (even though the only name he has suggested so far had a -y!) and my only stipulation is it should be at least two syllables long! :lol:

The current short list is now down to:

Logan
Roger

But I'm still searching for suggestions!

(ETA this was my 4000th post!)

Orson? (bear cub: http://nameberry.com/babyname/Orson)

I never knew Orson meant bear cub :love:

I put the new name suggestions to OH and he said no to most :( but maybe to Jasper. I don't think he looks like a Jasper now though, so we're back to Logan or Roger! I think I'm 80% leaning towards one of those..... I'm going to choose either when I pick him up or I have a deadline of within an hour of him being at home!

I'm enjoying playing name games today. Last one I promise.....

Tiger. To go with Lilly.

Sorry I haven't read the other suggestions so I don't know has someone else mentioned this one .... but I like Peter. It might not be hugely original but I like it none the less :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I'm enjoying playing name games today. Last one I promise.....

Tiger. To go with Lilly.

Sorry I haven't read the other suggestions so I don't know has someone else mentioned this one .... but I like Peter. It might not be hugely original but I like it none the less :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I missed both these posts!

Lilly's full name is Tigerlilly :p her previous owner called her that and called her Tiger for short, I liked the name Tigerlilly so kept it but thought she needed a prettier nickname so chose Lilly, plus I had a hamster called Tigerlilly who I called Tiger for short so didn't want to reuse the name!

I like the name Peter too, it was on our list but OH didn't want it (plus I actually quite like the name Peter for potential future child names! I actually ruled out a lot of names on the basis of wanting to save it in case we have a boy one day and the name being one I'd potentially choose!)

I still haven't 100% decided! :roll:

I'm picking them up tomorrow :D so I'd better hurry up and choose! I've been preparing for them lots! Hutch, litter tray and toys have been vinegared! I have carpeted their hutch and their ikea dolls bed (somebunny weed on the blanket so it was chucked!) and they have a couple of new toys too :D their litter tray is all set up ready for them to use and I have the puppy pen on hand to make sure they are enclosed to begin with because I don't want them to fall out straight away when they get lots of space!

So excited! I've missed my Lil! I want her back!

Aw I bet - I hate it when I'm in the house and the buns have gone to boarding.
Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly when you get them back home. Looking forward to pics!

They're home!!! Bonding has gone very well! No aggression from either just some mounting from both during bonding! Lilly was a naughty bunny and escaped their pen :roll: :lol:

He is such a cutie!! He's so little, and underweight so he'll be fed up! He ran straight out of the travel carrier, drank lots (and is the noisiest drinker ever!!) then he's been running backwards and forwards exploring everything eating large mouthfuls of hay every time he goes past the litter tray! Lilly got out ignored the new toys and laid down in her hutch :lol: not at all interested in anything just sleepy! They're penned in for the night, I'll let them have a supervised run around tomorrow afternoon then maybe pen them in over saturday night again, then go for complete freedom from Sunday onwards :) so far there's been no humping at all since we got home! No grooming either but he's been happily climbing over her to explore places and sniffing her occasionally and she doesn't care at all :) I wonder how long it'll take for grooming? With Harvey, he groomed Lilly straight away and she took about two months to groom him! Even though he was more dominant!

Anyway.... there's two more important points.... his name.... and photos! Photos are to follow as I need to upload them... but we have finally decided on a name for out little boy!!!!

We are calling him Logan :D

We think his mane makes him look like Wolverine with his mutton chop side burns and beard :lol: so hence the name!

:love::love: can't wait to see pics (HINT HINT ;) )

:lol: I took them on my iPad (I left my camera charger in Singapore..... my new charger after I lost the first one........) and it's too low on battery to upload them to photo bucket on there so I'm *patiently* waiting for iCloud to put them onto my laptop which is taking way longer than it should, then upload to photo bucket... then resizing.... then I'll upload finally! But dinner's nearly ready so you probably have an hour wait! Sorry! Trust me though, he is so cute!

:lol: I took them on my iPad (I left my camera charger in Singapore..... my new charger after I lost the first one........) and it's too low on battery to upload them to photo bucket on there so I'm *patiently* waiting for iCloud to put them onto my laptop which is taking way longer than it should, then upload to photo bucket... then resizing.... then I'll upload finally! But dinner's nearly ready so you probably have an hour wait! Sorry! Trust me though, he is so cute!
They better be worth the wait ;) :lol:

I probably won't see them until later coz my phone is dying :roll:

Something to look forward to :D

OMG! How exciting!!!! It sounds like he is a really confident little bun :D

I can't wait for pics as well :D

I'm so pleased that lickle Lilly has her new husbun :love::love::love:

Back