• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillabelle

She sounds a real character, I think she is going to keep you on your toes [emoji38] can't wait to see more photos and videos. I think her and Mischief are going to have lots of fun :)
She is a little minx! She hisses and spits and growls at us regularly when we try to get her to go in her cage. I can't wait until she is free roaming most of the time. We can't get close to her as she thinks we are trying to catch her. She is very fast and clever aswell!

She also likes to steal Mischief's food! She regularly steals his hay through the bars as her little face can get in quite far. And now we have bought some dried dandelion and plantain which we were only going to feed Mischief for now but she keeps stealing his! We may as well give her a little as she ate 4 big leaves last night! [emoji23]

Bless Mischief though. He is soooo good. He sits there and watches her eat it. They have even been eating hay together and picked up the same bit of hay and eat each end of it! [emoji23]

They are so cute together. They lie either side of the cage. We feel it is mean to keep them apart now. When is it the right time to bond them? Mischief is late having his post op check as I booked it late due to ill health. He should pass that fine.

We were thinking of introducing them to the puppy pen in the day starting the weekend and see how they get on. What does everyone think is best? I thought if my health was up for it I could leave them together (if they are fine) over night. But if my pain is still bad at the weekend I will need to sleep/rest so we would have to just put them back at night. Obviously we would rather not if they are happy though so if I can cope to watch them overnight I will.

We will get new pix of Lillabelle and them together. Mischief is moulting so excuse his bedraggled appearance.

I think it feels like the right time to bond them. They look so sweet lying together and they have not argued or shown aggression at all so fingers crossed. Mischief is trying to dig his way into her cage and is wrecking the carpet! Feels wrong to keep them apart much longer xx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Aw, it sounds like she's doing well. I'm so glad. :love: I can't believe how big she already is! She's 12 weeks and already bigger than both Casper and Sophie! :shock: I'm not surprised the vet thinks she's going to be very big. [emoji38]
She has grown so much. She looks like a beautiful doe though. Very slim face and big eyes. She has the longest legs and massive feet though! [emoji38]

She has so much growing to do yet. I will weigh her again as been over a week since last weigh in. I know she will be bigger though.

I will have to get more pix of her. We have spent so much on the buns recently that the phone has been put on hold but soon we will get a new one and better photos xx

She has grown so much. She looks like a beautiful doe though. Very slim face and big eyes. She has the longest legs and massive feet though! [emoji38]

She has so much growing to do yet. I will weigh her again as been over a week since last weigh in. I know she will be bigger though.

I will have to get more pix of her. We have spent so much on the buns recently that the phone has been put on hold but soon we will get a new one and better photos xx

Aw, she needs those long legs and massive feet to binky! :love: I'd love to see more photos of her. :love: That's so understandable that you've had put getting a new phone on hold, though. New bunnies are expensive!

Aw, she needs those long legs and massive feet to binky! :love: I'd love to see more photos of her. :love: That's so understandable that you've had put getting a new phone on hold, though. New bunnies are expensive!
Yes and we had Mischief's op and vet visits plus his neutering. And then I have changed all his diet over to a healthier one (and more expensive) so we have boxes of hay and other food everywhere!

My OH says I can't believe I'm working all these hours to pay for grass!! [emoji23][emoji23] It's a good thing he loves them nearly as much as I do! My OH is the biggest softie so I am very lucky. We sit there in the evening deciding what herbs and roots to buy them! [emoji178]

I am leaving the spending now though for a while except for finding insurance for them both! Need to do a search for one soon while they are fit and healthy xx

My OH says I can't believe I'm working all these hours to pay for grass!! [emoji23][emoji23]
When you put it like that, it does seem a bit weird. :lol: I'm glad your OH loves them almost as much as you do, and that you pick out bunny snacks together. :D

Getting them insurance now that they're healthy and still young is definitely a good idea. :)

When you put it like that, it does seem a bit weird. [emoji38] I'm glad your OH loves them almost as much as you do, and that you pick out bunny snacks together. :D

Getting them insurance now that they're healthy and still young is definitely a good idea. :)
I'm so lucky he loves them but I have to stop spending now!! [emoji38] We need to put some cash in the bank in case of emergency god forbid it happens again so soon.

I am starting a thread on insurance I think xx

Just a quick question...Lillabelle is hiccupping a lot. At least once a day. Is this normal? I expect it is where she eats her food too quickly? But we just want to make sure it's normal as it is quite alarming!

Just a quick question...Lillabelle is hiccupping a lot. At least once a day. Is this normal? I expect it is where she eats her food too quickly? But we just want to make sure it's normal as it is quite alarming!

Can you show a video?

Rodney went through a period of doing them a bit after drinking but it's settled down now I raised his water bowl.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Rodney went through a period of doing them a bit after drinking but it's settled down now I raised his water bowl.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Ok that makes sense. I think it happens after eating so I thought maybe she is eating too quick. I will keep eye out in case it's to do with her drinking xx

I can't play the video as my phone is so slow [emoji53] It looks like hiccups to me though. But just happens alot xx

Probably the hiccups, which Cookie was doing a lot when he was a baby and a teenager. I still want to see if you catch a video :)

Probably the hiccups, which Cookie was doing a lot when he was a baby and a teenager. I still want to see if you catch a video :)
I think you just want to see Lillabelle! [emoji38] My OH is trying to find a second hand camera so we can get decent shots and videos of her so hopefully will be soon! I will try and get some today but will be on my rubbish phone unfortunately. I'm aware that she is getting bigger so need to get some quick xx

I think you just want to see Lillabelle! [emoji38] My OH is trying to find a second hand camera so we can get decent shots and videos of her so hopefully will be soon! I will try and get some today but will be on my rubbish phone unfortunately. I'm aware that she is getting bigger so need to get some quick xx

Haha :lol: yes, I confess, I want to see Lilabelle :D :D

Haha [emoji38] yes, I confess, I want to see Lilabelle :D :D
Ok I will get my OH to take some photos for you [emoji4] He takes better pix than me. She has grown loads but still as adorable as ever. I'm so happy we got her. She has become part of our family now. She is so sweet and loves cuddles so much. I just love her! [emoji178]

Ok I will get my OH to take some photos for you [emoji4] He takes better pix than me. She has grown loads but still as adorable as ever. I'm so happy we got her. She has become part of our family now. She is so sweet and loves cuddles so much. I just love her! [emoji178]

Aww my heart melted :love:

Aww my heart melted :love:
She is so beautiful [emoji173] I can't stop looking at her lol. She has such dainty features and is so pretty and fascinating to watch.

She is very clever aswell. Do you remember how she was growling at us for picking her up to put her in the dog crate? Well all of a sudden she worked it out. I clicked my fingers to show her and she went in the crate. And since then I only have to open the door and gently nudge her with the walking stick (when she is under the bed too far for me to reach her) and she just runs in the crate. If she is not under the bed we just call her and show her the open door and she runs in.

It is remarkable actually how they have cottoned on to the routine of swapping them over so they take turns to roam free. Mischief also runs in the crate when we nudge him with the stick. I promise you we don't annoy them. It's only as I can't reach them under the bed!

When it is their turn to come out (every 90 minutes) they seem to know. Mischief sits there waiting and Lillabelle meerkats by her crate door. And often Mischief goes back in his cage without us asking when it is near 90 minutes. I thought it was coincidence at first however he has done it so many times now that I wonder if he somehow knows it's time?

He knows when it is his teatime at 7.30pm and sits waiting by his bowl. Has anyone else noticed their buns seem to know time?

I feel they are more intelligent creatures than generally accepted. They astonish me regularly with their sensitivity and cleverness [emoji173]

She is so beautiful [emoji173] I can't stop looking at her lol. She has such dainty features and is so pretty and fascinating to watch.

She is very clever aswell. Do you remember how she was growling at us for picking her up to put her in the dog crate? Well all of a sudden she worked it out. I clicked my fingers to show her and she went in the crate. And since then I only have to open the door and gently nudge her with the walking stick (when she is under the bed too far for me to reach her) and she just runs in the crate. If she is not under the bed we just call her and show her the open door and she runs in.

It is remarkable actually how they have cottoned on to the routine of swapping them over so they take turns to roam free. Mischief also runs in the crate when we nudge him with the stick. I promise you we don't annoy them. It's only as I can't reach them under the bed!

When it is their turn to come out (every 90 minutes) they seem to know. Mischief sits there waiting and Lillabelle meerkats by her crate door. And often Mischief goes back in his cage without us asking when it is near 90 minutes. I thought it was coincidence at first however he has done it so many times now that I wonder if he somehow knows it's time?

He knows when it is his teatime at 7.30pm and sits waiting by his bowl. Has anyone else noticed their buns seem to know time?

I feel they are more intelligent creatures than generally accepted. They astonish me regularly with their sensitivity and cleverness [emoji173]

I agree with that, really rabbits are smarter than we think. Your rabbits are proof of that. :)

Back