• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillabelle

I would like to introduce the newest member of our family, Lillabelle [emoji4]

For those who don't yet know, she is 10 week old french lop who we have found so that she can be our bunny Mischief's forever soul bun.We got her yesterday but things have been hectic so this is the first chance to tell everyone about her.

She is a lilac bunny and her coat is a dark blueish grey. She has huge blue eyes, really long ears, a velvet looking coat and massive big feet and paws. Her mum was bigger than Mischief who is almost 6kg. Her dad is much bigger!

She is gentle in nature and a bit timid of us at the moment and gets a bit panicky when you pick her up. We have let her have her first free roam tonight and found out she is very fast! She is running about everywhere at full speed, doing little binkies and exploring as she zooms past. She is also very nosey and getting into little spaces and nearly getting stuck! [emoji38]

Lillabelle and Mischief are curious of each other and always going up to the cage to see each other. They actually nose bumped through the cage a couple of times as Mischief got through to her cage by accident. But they were both very gentle and just touched noses for ages. It was so sweet [emoji175]

I will keep you posted on how she is getting on including photos. When I know how to upload videos I will do that too.

We love her already. She is such a pretty little thing. Really looks like a little girly bun and we are so excited for her to be part of our family.

Welcome Little Lillabelle [emoji178]

Photos of her at 3 weeks old...
0b7988786cf3c773afd09857e3cfc785.jpg
eef4d8c3f426bac932eb409ad8009fff.jpg
4ed84723023babf71a806af4a503573a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

You must be over the moon to have this baby girl in your life. She looks absolutely adorable. I love how she is blending in with the grey fluffy blanket.

You must be over the moon to have this baby girl in your life. She looks absolutely adorable. I love how she is blending in with the grey fluffy blanket.
I am. She really is much more beautiful in person. Her colour is stunning. Baby bunnies are so perfect though aren't they?

I have been mesmorised just watching her run about. She keeps dashing round and round the room! [emoji38] She is very nervous about being picked up and skittish. I held her when sitting down on bed stroking her head and after a while her eyelids started to droop until eventually she just sat on my chest without me holding her. It will take time to build up trust but that's what it's all about [emoji4] xx

Last edited:
Awwww so so sweet :love: I love it, I'm enthusiastic. I miss baby bunny. :D
Yes you forget how cute and funny they are! They are the best fun [emoji3] Mischief kept trying to get to her. He tried everything and when he realised it was all blocked off he tried to dig through the wall to get behind the cage to her!! [emoji23][emoji23] Such a donut bunny!! xx

Yes you forget how cute and funny they are! They are the best fun [emoji3] Mischief kept trying to get to her. He tried everything and when he realised it was all blocked off he tried to dig through the wall to get behind the cage to her!! [emoji23][emoji23] Such a donut bunny!! xx

It's worth to be seen. :D I was excited, I wanted to have a new baby bunny. :D but I don't do this crazy. :D

Awww adorable! I do miss when Primrose was a baby she was a proper little daredevil nutter [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Oh thank you everyone for your lovely messages!

Lillabelle is doing really well. My OH just took a video of her playing with a treat ball! [emoji3] We just need to upload it somehow. I will look into how to do it.

She is eating VERY well. A complete dustbin. She has a huge fat tummy. I'm wondering if we are over feeding her!!

She has her food from seller which is a mix of Allen and Page natural pellets, Readigrass, flaked peas and a few barley rings ( only enough for one a day).

We are also giving her a mix of Readigrass and meadow hay (as our usual cut hay is not there for a month). I need to get different good quality hay. They love this meadow hay and scoff it but I want to get a long hay to mix with it. Any suggestions would be helpful. We also have alfafa which I may give her now and again sprinkled in hay.

She was only given veg once a week by the seller but I don't feel happy doing that and want them fed together. So I am feeding her a tiny bit of spring greens and curly kale (what she was fed by seller) and when she is ok with that I will try introducing new veg one type a week. I realise curly kale can cause gut issues so I give her a tiny bit and mainly greens.

I will also be ordering from the sites that were suggested to get dried foods for her and Mr Chief. But I realise feed must be introduced slowly.

I don't know much about feeding babies except that french lops are dustbins so she is normal and you are supposed to feed them as much as they need.

After much thought I have decided to feed her Science Selective junior and eventually wean them both on to the senior. I will just have to break up the pellets for them to prevent choking issues but it is a good feed.

My OH took couple of photos. We are getting him a new phone as soon as we have the money after Mischief is well. He is a great photographer! [emoji3] Unfortunately at monent he has a tiny cheap phone but pics are still cute [emoji175]

Back