• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lamb Chop attacked me

Ten years ago I paid 80.00 for a buck to be neutered. Only had rescues since then. Apart from the obvious morality of rescuing it works out soooo much cheaper plus you get the back up from the rescue if for any reason the rabbit/s need to be rehomed.

You don't have to worry about getting Lacey neutered yet as she's only 4-5 months. I've always waited until my does are 8-9 months and fully grown, because it's a complex operation with much longer under anaesthetic than it is for a buck. Dusty was eight months old in October of last year and it cost £180.

Last edited:
You don't have to worry about getting Lacey neutered yet as she's only 4-5 months. I've always waited until my does are 8-9 months and fully grown, because it's a complex operation with much longer under anaesthetic than it is for a buck. Dusty was eight months old in October of last year and it cost £180.

Lacey can’t be spayed yet anyway as allegedly the poor baby is now pregnant :cry:If the pregnancy is of more than about 10 days gestation spaying would be extremely high risk. Her uterus would be engorged with blood and she would be at risk of a fatal haemorrhage. Then there is the ethics of aborting a pregnancy to consider.

Lacey can’t be spayed yet anyway as allegedly the poor baby is now pregnant :cry:If the pregnancy is of more than about 10 days gestation spaying would be extremely high risk. Her uterus would be engorged with blood and she would be at risk of a fatal haemorrhage. Then there is the ethics of aborting a pregnancy to consider.

I know she can't be spayed while pregnant; I meant after she's had her litter (if she is pregnant) when she's 8 months or so.

I think we all agree that Lord T ideally should get her alleged pregnancy checked out by a vet. Lacey also needs to be in a secure enclosure that the two wandering bucks can't break into - I would have her in a different room from them with the door shut. Sometimes it can be chaotic with house bunnies and you need to go back to basics and find secure enclosures which are nice and big but can't be escaped from.

Last edited:
I think we all agree that Lord T ideally should get her alleged pregnancy checked out by a vet. Lacey also needs to be in a secure enclosure that the two wandering bucks can't break into - I would have her in a different room from them with the door shut. Sometimes it can be chaotic with house bunnies and you need to go back to basics and find secure enclosures which are nice and big but can't be escaped from.

Agreed

Lacey is already in a secure enclosure. Lamb Chop is in his secure enclosure and Lucky free roams in the kitchen and hallway. All 3 rabbits are well apart from each other behind closed doors etc.

Lamb Chop will be the first bunny I take to be neutered, earlier when I said there is no point when Lacey isn't spayed I wasn't thinking clearly due to stress. .

Lacey is already in a secure enclosure. Lamb Chop is in his secure enclosure and Lucky free roams in the kitchen and hallway. All 3 rabbits are well apart from each other behind closed doors etc.

Lamb Chop will be the first bunny I take to be neutered, earlier when I said there is no point when Lacey isn't spayed I wasn't thinking clearly due to stress. .

Obviously important to find a rabbit-savvy vet to castrate Lamb Chop - I have a feeling we have already offered advice on this but I wanted to add that some vets will let you have a payment plan. He really needs to be neutered as soon as possible.

Obviously important to find a rabbit-savvy vet to castrate Lamb Chop - I have a feeling we have already offered advice on this but I wanted to add that some vets will let you have a payment plan. He really needs to be neutered as soon as possible.

Most definitely. He went for me again today when changing his water and topping up his food. He doesn't just bite but he will jump up at you while trying to get his teeth in me. He is on heat big time. I was prepared this time Unfortunately I had to spend all morning at the bank because something happened. I have not long just got back. I really need to get the ball rolling now with Lamb Chops neutering like today but I probably wont have time until tomorrow. Ideally I need to book him in as an emergency rather wait for an appointment because he isn't right and it don't feel right having to keep him shut in a cage 24/7 he is far to aggressive to be around. In the meantime I just have to make sure he is as comfortable as possible with fresh water and food and plenty of hay and that his cage is clean.

Most definitely. He went for me again today when changing his water and topping up his food. He doesn't just bite but he will jump up at you while trying to get his teeth in me. He is on heat big time. I was prepared this time Unfortunately I had to spend all morning at the bank because something happened. I have not long just got back. I really need to get the ball rolling now with Lamb Chops neutering like today but I probably wont have time until tomorrow. Ideally I need to book him in as an emergency rather wait for an appointment because he isn't right and it don't feel right having to keep him shut in a cage 24/7 he is far to aggressive to be around. In the meantime I just have to make sure he is as comfortable as possible with fresh water and food and plenty of hay and that his cage is clean.

Good (rabbit savvy/Exotic) vets get very booked up as there are far too few of them. Could you perhaps do your research this afternoon so you can get him booked in asap.

Sorry you had an ordeal at the bank today. I am sending vibes you will not have a long wait for LC's neuter so he calms down asap.

Thanks for the vibes I appreciate it. I will let y'all how things go. I'm going to try get something done by the end of this week to get the ball rolling asap.

I can sympathise re stress. Completely messes with your head. Hope things improve for you stress wise and that you are able to find a rabbit savy vet nice and soon.

I just read on another of your threads that you are considering re-homing Lamb Chop? How can that be the right thing to do - he needs to be castrated as soon as possible and I thought you were setting that in motion? His hormones are raging.

Back