• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just joined

They are good and it's where my big boy Murphy was from years ago and he never had any problems until the very end .
Big gentle giants

Whether you accept one of Aubrey's brothers is a decision that only you can make. I don't think that guilt should play a part though. If it seems too soon, then I would say it possibly is too soon for you. Everyone will have different feelings about this and of course it will depend very much on the individual circumstances.

In this particular case, I myself would be concerned about the health of the other litter mates, but you will be in a better position to decide on this.

I think perhaps you should wait a little while. Think it all through by yourself. I am sure that the right way forward for you will become clear.

As others have said though, I do hope that at some time or other you decide to give a home to another rabbit and when that happens, please let us know.

I too would have a bit of a concern for the health of the litter mates. If you really want one of the litter mates, I would ask the breeder to hold one of the litter mates for a few weeks until they (and you) are less fragile.

Mucoid Enteropathy aka Mucoid Enteritis

I am dreadfully sorry for your tragic loss :cry: If you have the strength do let the Breeder know as the condition is contageous and all other Kits in the litter will be at risk

RIP Aubrey :cry:

Jane is right about it being contageous since this is the illness that I referenced when I lost three young bunnies and two adults (one adult survived) so many years ago and why I take precautions to wash and change clothing after handling my newest arrivals.

Yeah I need to disinfect the whole conservatory . Soft bed and blanky.

He had some toys , didn't seem him play with them as he was poorly from day one but I'll clean them all too.

Am I alright to use detol as it's going to get a while before I get the new bunny or shall I still use a rabbit cleaning product ??

We have also just bought another chicken coop as Aubrey was going to be a outdoor rabbit and as he was fine in the conservatory we decided our next bunny will be a house rabbit .

But we still have the coop for the hight of the summer and just a outdoor hideout if he doesn't want to be out .

Back