• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just joined

I was hoping his little tummy would have gone down more by now .
He ate a big pile of dandelion leaves and a little hay.. no more poos for a while his tummy medicine isn't due until the morning now .
But he's taken the pain relief ones really well.

I was hoping his little tummy would have gone down more by now .
He ate a big pile of dandelion leaves and a little hay.. no more poos for a while his tummy medicine isn't due until the morning now .
But he's taken the pain relief ones really well.

Yes I would've hoped for that too.

I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. It's very worrying, isn't it?

Sleeping in the conservatory again with him.
He's had a run around after his pain meds and is now all of a sudden interested in cables which we have had to put out of reach

Oh I'm sorry :( What a worry :( I hope that the vet appointment goes well. Is he still running around? How old is he by the way?

Coming up to 11 weeks .. I've been out today and ugly cried in public , but my partner just messaged me saying he's just done a huge Solid poo which has given me hope that his tummy might be more settled by the time I'm home.

He was eating dandelions for my partner as I left

Oops double post.

Right he's been pooing quite a few big ones now.
I've noticed he doesn't seem to enjoy eating hay at all ??
Is this a thing ?

He's on a patch of grass in the garden and is eating that like a little champion at the moment

Last edited:
Not all rabbits enjoy eating hay and it may be that he has not been used to eating hay where he was previously. I should continue to encourage him to eat hay, although obviously hay is just dried grass and grass will have all the benefits of hay in respect of dental and digestive health. In fact grass will be more hydrating for him.

Oops double post.

Is this a thing ?

He's on a patch of grass in the garden and is eating that like a little champion at the moment

Do you have a B&M store near you? If you do try a bag of their timothy hay with dandelion and marigolds. Our buns love it and it tempted Fred when he was getting over a bout of stasis. If not then maybe a local pet store would have a tasty type of hay that might tempt him.

Oops double post.

Is this a thing ?

I'm glad he's eating grass :D

That at least tells me that his teeth *can* manage the tough fibres which are so beneficial to teeth and digestion.

Grass is often regarded as better than hay as it contains more moisture. It helps prevent all sorts of issues because of that. It's less convenient than hay though - have you tried readigrass? :)

Aubrey had to be put to sleep this evening .
I'm heart is in pieces !

He had a secondary condition that I can not spell.
His stools was full of mucus.

Could it have been Coccidiosis that Aubrey had?

If so, I think you should alert the place where he was before you got him. As far as I know it is contagious.

No the condition is something to do with when they are weaned from their mothers milk onto food.
It has mucus in the name.. I have dyslexia so I have no chance of evening trying to spell it to look it up. :(

I'm absolutely heart broken , even though we only had him 4 days we had really bonded and I'd been sleeping with him at night and almost all of the day.

Back