• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just done a bunny rescue U/D LUCYS HOME!!!!!!

poor bunny :cry: She must have been so miserable, people who can be that cruel make me sick!

I hope she recovers and learns what its like to be loved and cared for. Well done for rescuing her!

OOOHHHH! SUPER news!!:D I'm glad she's okay and soon to be back!!:D

I would think that she will adapt perfectly fine to having 3 legs being a domestic rabbit - if she were wild she would obviously have little chance in escaping a fox or similar, but as a domestic bun I am confident she'll recover and cope well.

Well done, and "bunny hugs" to brave little Lucy!

TP;)

Im going to look on ebay to find a really cheap indoor cage or see if anyone has an old indoor cage they no longer need !! :)
me and kat have decided in the interests of lucys safety,and off advice on here,that she be an indoor bunny from here on in, with access to outdoors in a run only when warm and dry!
Vets never mentioned about her ear :? ill go and buy some propper ear and eye wipes from asda for her, so her ear can be cleaned properly!
Im desperate to see her!! :lol:

Aww poor little bunny. Well done for saving her.
I cant put into words how i feel about her previous owners, its sickening. What a special little bunny she is :love:

i know - weve contacted the owner and asked if they would like to contribute to paying for Lucys operation! His answear was " Im not paying for any f***king rabbit!"
Weve also established how she MIGHT of hurt her leg. WHen we asked the owner,how she had done it. he had said they were sick of the rabbit so just opened the cage and let her out, and 3 days later, they found her back in the garden with her bad leg! SO she could of been attacked or fallen
Apparently its not worth reporting him incase he denys he had the rabbit and trys to blame us :(

i have an indoor cage you can have for free hun problem is though couldnt get it to you for a couple of days :? its only a zoozone2 though so its good for tempory/emergancy use only.

i cnt believe they cnt do anything because you took her, what do they expect you to do? i cnt believe they r going to get away with it :(:(:(

well done for saving her xxx

poor baby :( i STILL dont understand why people bother getting pets if they have no inclination to look after them.

but if she's doing so well and licking the vet etc despite all her problems she must be a plucky wee thing - she will make a lovely companion for someone. :love:

That's wonderful news....:D:D

If you haven't already sorted Lucy's accommodation, what type of indoor cage are you looking for? I may be able to help.

Thank goodness she's going to be ok and is now in a safe home with the treatment she needs. Hope to see photos soon :)

Apparently its not worth reporting him incase he denys he had the rabbit and trys to blame us

The only thing I can suggest is maybe taking a camera in future. I dont know if that might make it difficult tho, if the owner sees you taking pictures then they might not let you take the rabbit :? Of course you could sneak a pic or two when they werent looking ;)

And ask the vets if - out of the goodness of their hearts (ie, free), they would write a factual statement about the rabbit's health/condition when you brought it to them, any treatment given by them and future health care needs if anything.

But clearly the important thing is just to get the poor bunny out, like you did. Well done :D

I dont see why the RSPCA are being so unhelpful: at the very least they could visit and 'chat' to the bloke and put the wind up him a bit!

YEY LUCYS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awwww her war wound is awful :( but she looks so much happier! its so sweet watching her hop about on 3 feet! she stood at her food bowl and within a few seconds she gave up and plonked her bum down :lol::lol::lol:

Well apparently,the PDSA said if we had of just left her there and rung the RSCPA they could of done something about it, but because weve taken her, we risk the owners, trying to put the blame on us and me nor kat want any animal cruetly charges 2 our name!! Also crystal butterfly has offered us an indoor cage which we are arranging to collect 2 moro morning :D

The only thing I can suggest is maybe taking a camera in future. I dont know if that might make it difficult tho, if the owner sees you taking pictures then they might not let you take the rabbit :? Of course you could sneak a pic or two when they werent looking ;)

And ask the vets if - out of the goodness of their hearts (ie, free), they would write a factual statement about the rabbit's health/condition when you brought it to them, any treatment given by them and future health care needs if anything.

But clearly the important thing is just to get the poor bunny out, like you did. Well done :D

I dont see why the RSPCA are being so unhelpful: at the very least they could visit and 'chat' to the bloke and put the wind up him a bit!

I know but as the vet said, they werent no for sure that bun was a rescue bun,it cud of quite easily been our bun (not that they were suggesting we were lying to cover up us hurtin the bun). Also this bloke is a bit errrm..hmm how can i say it.. relies on substances! so hes a nasty piece of work and im worried something mite happen to our pets and family and home

I think if you had left the bunny for the RSPCA to investiigate, she would have probably been pts because it would have been hard to rehome her. It would depend on the branch, but I think she is best out and receiving treatment. I understand why the RSPCA need the animals to remain, but sometimes you have to act immediately.

Back