• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just done a bunny rescue U/D LUCYS HOME!!!!!!

Poor little Lucy! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can't even BEGIN to describe how people that treat animals like this make me feel. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sending MASSES of vibes for Lucy.......I hope SO much that her poor leg can be saved. :cry: :cry:

Well done Vicki :)for rescuing that poor little bun:(
and well done :)too for re-educating your neighbour about rabbit care.
Sending healing <<vibes>> for bun-Sue x

Update On Lucy Bun!

We have been told,Lucys back leg cannot be saved and her rear leg is being amputated later on today :( The vet said it was very very swollen and that it must of been broken approx a month, and because of the state of it, it was kinder to amputate then trying to repin it all :(

:shock:poor little thing...imagine how much it would have hurt having an untreated broken leg!:shock:

I am sorry that she now has to lose her leg but very glad that you saved her from any further cruelty Vikkie_Ell.

Lots of "Get Well Soon" wishes to little Lucy - I hope it all goes well at the vets and that she recovers quickly.

TP;)

Well done for rescuing poor Lucy, Some people are sick how could they leave her in such a bad way:cry::cry::cry: Thank god you and your neighbour saved her. Sending lots of vibes that everything works out ok with her.
Sallyx

Thankyou :) Apparently Lucy LOVED the vet and was licking her nd all sorts :D so she was in good spirits @ vets!
Weve enquired about reporting them to RSCPA but apparently, they cant do anything and if we wanted 2 do anything offical we shud of just reported them and let them take the bun themselves :censored:

I've had a bad day, in fact a bad few weeks, and its stories like this that make me what to ram my head through the pc screen..... I totally depair at people's ignorance and cruelty.

I'd personally like to break the owners leg and leave it a good month before getting any treatment!

Thank goodness you saved this poor bunny from any further pain and misery., well done and I hope she recovers well. :wave:

A few questions..
*Whats a rabbits quality of life like with 3 legs????
*safe to go back outside?
my cousin who lives over the road laughed and said it was cruel and to just get it put to sleep! :shock: but vet said shes a really happy healthy bunny,even if a little underweight with a broken leg so to me and kat, it wasnt an option getting her PTS! were just both worried she wont b happy with 3 legs :(

My friend has a fairly old bunny with 3 legs, she must be around 9-10 now and only had the leg removed about 18 months ago. She wont be winning any marathons, or jumping over fences, but it doesnt seem to be a problem, and thats losing it as a fairly old bun, with not the best muscle tone etc. I'm sure a younger bunny will cope fine, and to be honest, even if she doesnt cope, I'd have given her a chance too.:)

It sounds as if this brave little bun is already happy.... at being rescued from a nightmare!
I'm sure she'll adapt, she's young and animals are very resourceful. The little bun with no hip joints on here recently is proof of that.

Besides, she will now have all she needs, warmth, comfort & lots of love & affection to lead a long and happy life.... and all because of you :) :)

LUCY COMES HOME AT 12:30 TODAY YEEEEEEEEEY!! rung vets this morning and shes had a comftable night! eating,drinking and pooing so normal service is resumed (minus 1 leg) :D Will do pics ASAP!!!!!!

I had a 3 legged bunny, and he coped just fine. There are a couple of issues that you need to be aware of though...

Firstly that Lucy will need you to clean her ear out on the side with the missing leg, otherwise dirt can build up and cause ear infections. I found the best way to do this was to stick your finger down the ear and have a good scratch around every day if possible. Your finger should be too large to enter the ear canal and cause damage.

Secondly, I wouldn't advise that she has access to an outdoor run in wet weather. 3 legged buns sit down more than other rabbits, and can end up with a soggy rear end that constantly needs drying out.

Other than that...either an outdoor hutch (NOT a double hutch or one with a ramp) or an indoor cage should be fine.

Well done for rescuing her :D :thumb:

Amy

Back