• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Josie's Poorly UD She's Gone

I found Josie collapsed this morning. I picked her up and she let out a scream and wee'd all over me :cry: She was almost fitting. I rushed her to the vets and they've got her in an oxygen chamber. I thought she was dying :cry: How can this be happening? :cry:

I am so very sorry :cry: It is almost certainly the Myxi :cry:

Hoping for a miracle

:cry:

Oh no, poor Josie. It was a horrible thing for you to deal with, she is lucky to have a brilliant bunny mum like you to get her help so quickly.

I feel like such a fool for being so happy that Josie had it 'easy' with the myxi compared to others. When the nodules went I thought it was over. :censored: myxi.

It really is the most vile and evil virus :evil: Sadly it is the internal damage it can do that makes it so deathly. I really am desperately sorry :cry:

It really is the most vile and evil virus :evil: Sadly it is the internal damage it can do that makes it so deathly. I really am desperately sorry :cry:

Do you think she has a chance? :cry:

I don't think I've heard of a rabbit coming back from this :cry: With the screaming and fitting, I didn't know if I should just hold her and let her pass in my arms :cry: I don't know if rushing her in was the right thing to do.

Do you think she has a chance? :cry:

I don't think I've heard of a rabbit coming back from this :cry: With the screaming and fitting, I didn't know if I should just hold her and let her pass in my arms :cry: I don't know if rushing her in was the right thing to do.

I think the odds are firmly stacked against her. But she made it to the Vet and that in itself is a miracle. I would be lying if I said I thought she would definitely pull through, but where there's life there is hope and you certainly did the right thing by getting her to the Vet. At least now she is on oxygen she will 'feel' better.

I think the odds are firmly stacked against her. But she made it to the Vet and that in itself is a miracle. I would be lying if I said I thought she would definitely pull through, but where there's life there is hope and you certainly did the right thing by getting her to the Vet. At least now she is on oxygen she will 'feel' better.

Luckily there's a branch only a couple of minutes drive from me, and the vet was just getting there when I did. If I'd had to go to Fulford where they do emergencies, I don't think she would have made it. (With the state of my driving neither would I :oops:)

Yes, she's on Vetergesic (sp?) as well, so if she goes now she won't be in pain at least :cry: When she first arrived and had the awful diarrhoea we didn't think she'd survive, and she beat the odds then. She's a fighter.

The vet just called. Unfortunately I thought I'd risk having a shower to wash the pee off me when he called, so with water in my ears I didn't catch everything he said :oops:

She's improved slightly. He mentioned fluid in her abdomen. She's still fitting though, so he's given her something to help with that. I asked if that was because of a lack of oxygen to her brain, but he doesn't think so. It wouldn't be happening while she was in the oxygen tent, and she's a good colour, and it doesn't look like that kind of fit (he used a fancy name).

He mentioned hospitalising her overnight! Overnight! :shock: I wasn't sure she'd survive the morning, so surely that's a good sign that he thinks she'll be alive by tonight? He said he'd call back later.

I really shouldn't get my hopes up, but maybe if we all visualise her up and well we can make it happen? Thank you for the vibes, please keep them up! xx

I am so sorry to hear the update on Josie. She is a fighter. I really hope that Josie can recover from this. At least there is a slight improvement. Mega mega mega vibes for your besutiful girl. xxx

Oh no I've only just caught up with this so sorry this is happening.
Thinking ofyou - hoping she can pull through.

I've just seen this, I'm so sorry. Hopefully she is recovering well and at least she is in the best place. Dont feel a fool about thinking she had got away with it, we all suffer from wishful thinking. I keep thinking Doughnut is on the mend then last night she was so poorly again, feel like I'm nearly back at square one. Then this morning as happy as anything!

Lots of vibes for her and hugs for you. Keep us updated.

Last edited:
Back