• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joint update for all myxi buns

Thank you for all your support, and Parsnipbun, I do understand. I've been looking at Viola-Rose's thread and that has been really useful. Mainly I want to know when the swelling will start to subside, but Drusilla has the atypical snuffles type not the nodular form so it may well be different than with your bunnies... :? Her poor little mouth is so swollen and almost bleeding and clearly that's a major reason for her going off her food. It also rules out pineapple/apple juice as I think anything acidic will sting so she doesn't like it.

I will see what the vet says tomorrow. I don't think this is a futile battle but it's impossible to ever know for sure. :cry:

her poor mouth :(

Crunchies is a little swollen but no were near as bad as poor Druscillas yet though and he is still eating.
I found that placing a steam bowl near to his cage with a drop of olbas oil in helps his nose. he has eaten more and since and even flopped

her poor mouth :(

Crunchies is a little swollen but no were near as bad as poor Druscillas yet though and he is still eating.
I found that placing a steam bowl near to his cage with a drop of olbas oil in helps his nose. he has eaten more and since and even flopped

That's great news. She doesn't really have the prob of being bunged up - I think her nasal passages are inflamed but there's no real discharge. Her eyes and mouth look so sore though. :cry: I'll try more manuka honey under her mouth again tonight and see if the vet can think of anything else tomorrow. :?

That's great news. She doesn't really have the prob of being bunged up - I think her nasal passages are inflamed but there's no real discharge. Her eyes and mouth look so sore though. :cry: I'll try more manuka honey under her mouth again tonight and see if the vet can think of anything else tomorrow. :?

Someone else might be able to advise better, but I was thinking that when me and my brother had sore mouths/throats when little, my mum would give us icepops to help soothe it. I just wonder if a special bunny icecube (maybe just plain water, but maybe water and something yummy but not anything that might sting) might help soothe any sores in her mouth?

I have no idea if that's a good idea though, so maybe someone else can comment and say if it is or not.

The nodule on his nose has started to change - as though its not just one big nodule but a few little ones....one has raised a bit and has come up like a spot to the surface - ie above his hair. The other part of it you can see - just looks like he has a huuuge flat nose

The nodule on his nose has started to change - as though its not just one big nodule but a few little ones....one has raised a bit and has come up like a spot to the surface - ie above his hair. The other part of it you can see - just looks like he has a huuuge flat nose

I'm sure change means progress. Is he still okay in himself? :wave:

Drusilla saw the emergency vet at 8 who happened to be the rabbit-savvy vet :love:
she's booked into for this evening and the only one I would trust in terms of whether she should be pts or not. I asked if it was fair to keep her going, ie was she likely to survive and he said "Oh yes!" :D (He may have been influenced by the fact Drusilla was sitting up on her hind legs grooming her face at the time...:oops:)

He said it was atypical but not the nodular sort and she was lucky in that she didn't have the heavy discharge or the second round of nodules associated with full myxi. It may be a week-10 days before the swelling goes down and she can eat properly but he said if she's this bright on day 14 then she has every chance of making it. :D :D :D

ETA Thank you to Sky-O for the ice suggestion and also to Jane for the reminder about hydration. She'd dipped a little yesterday but as soon as I started actively encouraging her to drink more she perked up. I woke at 3.30 this morning and got her to drink then and she's been much livelier, though he gave her sub-cut fluids as a precaution....

Last edited:
Thats great news.

Yeah he is still bunny...still grooming himself quite alot and is no were near as bad as some pictures...the nodules are hard and not pussy and weeping. If anything they seem to be hardening and not ....breaking into sores.

He is still eating by himself and hops round the living room when he has feee range time.

We are on day 9

Just wanted to say you really are all doing so well. The love and dedication you have for your bunnies is amazing, if anything can get them through this vile illness its that :love:

Sending tons of vibes for all of you xxxxxxxxxxx

I think I will stop posting now as you guys obviously deserve more vibes than me.
Just seen Jason Burgess who is thrilled with Ghostie and Whisper's progress.

I think I will stop posting now as you guys obviously deserve more vibes than me.
Just seen Jason Burgess who is thrilled with Ghostie and Whisper's progress.

Noooo don't stop posting - all buns deserve vibes equally, and in any case it's lovely to hear a success story in beating this vile disease.... Fantastic news about Ghostie and Whisper!!! :wave:

Great news hetty x x x dont stop posting.

Its having othrr people going throygh this and sharing and advice thats really helped me

I've not been able to get on over the weekend, but I'm so glad to see that all the bunnies are doing well and are still putting up a good fight.

Sending loads more vibes for all the poorly bunnies. xxxx

I didn't want to take up room in this very valuable thread but have been reading for a few days now and really felt the need to say what an amazing job you are all doing.

I've never known too much about this illness but it sounds vile and you are doing so much for your bunnies as they fight this awaful virus. Millions of vibes coming from me, I hope they continue to fight and are feeling so much better soon.x.x.x.x.

Get Well wishes for all your buns and just to let you know although I'm not on this forum much now
I'm thinking of you all xxxxxxxxxx

Please, no apologies for posting! :wave: All of us have valued the vibes, thoughts and advice received... :love:

Drusilla saw the vet again tonight and I got him to check her teeth as she ate a hawthorn leaf tonight - her first independent feeding since Thursday :D and her teeth made a weird clicking noise but the vet looked at them properly and said they were fine. He also said she had plenty of fight left in her (while rubbing his scratched arm.... :oops:) That's my Drusilla! :love:

The swelling around her mouth seems a bit less pronounced and a bit less raw so I'm hoping that within the next couple of days she'll be eating normally. Her breathing is MUCH quieter and though her eyes are still swollen he said that's just the body ridding itself of the infection. So fingers crossed she'll be better still tomorrow.....

The RU vibes are working miracles! :love:

Please, no apologies for posting! :wave: All of us have valued the vibes, thoughts and advice received... :love:

Drusilla saw the vet again tonight and I got him to check her teeth as she ate a hawthorn leaf tonight - her first independent feeding since Thursday :D and her teeth made a weird clicking noise but the vet looked at them properly and said they were fine. He also said she had plenty of fight left in her (while rubbing his scratched arm.... :oops:) That's my Drusilla! :love:

The swelling around her mouth seems a bit less pronounced and a bit less raw so I'm hoping that within the next couple of days she'll be eating normally. Her breathing is MUCH quieter and though her eyes are still swollen he said that's just the body ridding itself of the infection. So fingers crossed she'll be better still tomorrow.....

The RU vibes are working miracles! :love:
Fantastic :thumb::thumb:

I am off to bed now and I will continue to send billions of vibes for all the Myxi Fighting Buns.

Everyone is doing a great job and I so hope that the outcome will be positive for all of you xx

Back