• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joint update for all myxi buns

Yes you do, it's a prescription only medicine. No harm in asking, though. It thins the mucus, so it helps any goo to drain away more easily.

great idea of a thread...i was strugglling to keep up with who was who etc...wont post much on this thread as I dont want to fill it up ... but Im following it and sending vibes for all these buns....and the dedicated owners....praying they make it through this...well done guys ...youre all in my thought & prayersxxxx

So glad Crunchie is doing a bit better. :D

I think one of the worst things is the way this illness fluctuates - you think you're getting somewhere then there's another setback. But the overall trend is what's important and that's what we need to focus on - every day gained is a step closer to the bun's defence system kicking that virus for good... :wave:

ETA Oops cross-posted Chelle but ty for your message! The support on the forum has been great... :wave:

Last edited:
Crunchie is still the same this am - still eating which is good. Went to vets have more metacam, baytril and now some bisolven.

Not quite sure what to do with the bysolven tho....

Whisper's eyes are so much better today - he's also getting less stressed at meds times as he's having it only one a day - breathing a lot better due to this.

Great news about Whisper! :wave:

Happybunny, I really hope the meds help Crunchie

Drusilla not quite so good today - less keen to eat and her eyes seem worse. :cry: She is booked in to see my most rabbit-savvy vet tomorrow and I will see what he says. :( The piriton makes her livelier and she's not too snuffly so I'm not sure why she isn't eating. She will take food from a syringe about 10 mls at a time but won't lick the same food from a bowl although she licks it really enthusiastically from my fingers. She should be on day 13-16 now so I'd hoped she'd have started getting a bit better... :?

Is she drinking ?

If not then she really needs some fluids (sub/cut) to support her renal function, especially given that she is on a lot of meds. She may not be eating now due to feeling rubbish if she is somewhat dehydrated.

Is she drinking ?

If not then she really needs some fluids (sub/cut) to support her renal function, especially given that she is on a lot of meds. She may not be eating now due to feeling rubbish if she is somewhat dehydrated.

Hi Jane yes she's drinking but thank you; I will mention it to the vet tomorrow anyway. Am making a long list! :wave:

Crunchie is still eating so am still happy, and he had a big nom on hay. He sometimes mouth breathes but usually only when he gets stressed ie when I have to give him meds and pick him up.

Tinsel how much Piriton did you give Druscilla?

And Jane thanks for the advice will try a small pinch - I was only given a little sachet.

He doesnt *seem* to be drinking alot but I do give him some water whne I mush some foods up with his metacam....how much should he be drinking a day and is this also to be syringed?

His eyes are still very red and sore as the picture, but one seems a little more open today....or I am imagining it.....

We are on day 8 today - so still a way to go to fight this. If he does I will be so so so so happy...but at the same time....very upset that maybe I let his brother go too soon. I am only consoling myself with the fact that it *apeared* I caght Crunchie earlier than I did Rolo. But that is little consolation as maybe I should have noticed Rolo sooner :(

Sorry my inbox was full earlier :oops:

I gave her 2 mls of piriton twice a day.

Try not to torture yourself over Rolo. There are so many what ifs in these situations..:cry:

I'm going to insist Drusilla sees a vet at 8am tomorrow for a check on her hydration levels - sub cut fluids then if necessary though I think she's okay fluid-wise - then she's got her proper appointment at ten to six. Wish us luck! :?

I feel guilty that I am not posting on this thread - but it brings back too many memories of our battles with Viola Rose and then (sadly) Hawthorn . .

Obviously if anyone has specific questions that they think I might be able to help with then do PM me . .

Thankyou jane....but I couldnt even begin to fight without all the rohelp and and support fm people like you and others here on RU. I am so ojut of my depth,

Back