• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i've just fallen for a bunny on a rescue site

You never quite know the circumstances of a reservation, and of course these things sometimes fall through (bit like buying a house - people change their minds).

Keep an open mind, as you are, and 'throw it out to the Universe' as they say (if you want to :D)

i will do :D x

o/h rang the rescue and harley is temporarily reserved and has someone visiting her tomorrow. the lady who left the message wasn't in, but another lady said she would think the phone call would have been to let us know that. she said we can ring tomorrow aswell if we want though for a further update.

o/h rang the rescue and harley is temporarily reserved and has someone visiting her tomorrow. the lady who left the message wasn't in, but another lady said she would think the phone call would have been to let us know that. she said we can ring tomorrow aswell if we want though for a further update.

Hearts on hold then ....... Fingers crossed it goes smoothly if meant to be.
Thinking of you all x

0/h spoke to the rescue again today because she left another message. just to say that harley and her new adoptive owners seem to be bonding really well so they are probably definitely taking her. so not meant to be, but i am happy for her :love:

the lady said they would try and work with us and our situation in the future if we saw another rabbit we were interested in. they could contact a local animal charity to do the homecheck for them. she did say they would be concerned over the long journey aswell for any rabbits but it would depend on the individual rabbit. also one thing that is really important to them is the potential adopters visiting at least three times first. she said because of the long distance she would consider twice for us. but appreciates that would be still difficult for us with the distance and my problems.

honestly though, this lady is such a nice person. and so was the one who emailed me originally. i think they'd be such a lovely rescue to deal with it's the national animal welfare trust http://www.nawt.org.uk/

:)

eta: the one i emailed first was berkshire :oops: and then the correct one hertfordshire! both were lovely :D

Last edited:
0/h spoke to the rescue again today because she left another message. just to say that harley and her new adoptive owners seem to be bonding really well so they are probably definitely taking her. so not meant to be, but i am happy for her :love:

the lady said they would try and work with us and our situation in the future if we saw another rabbit we were interested in. they could contact a local animal charity to do the homecheck for them. she did say they would be concerned over the long journey aswell for any rabbits but it would depend on the individual rabbit. also one thing that is really important to them is the potential adopters visiting at least three times first. she said because of the long distance she would consider twice for us. but appreciates that would be still difficult for us with the distance and my problems.

honestly though, this lady is such a nice person. and so was the one who emailed me originally. i think they'd be such a lovely rescue to deal with it's the national animal welfare trust http://www.nawt.org.uk/

eta: the one i emailed first was berkshire :oops: and then the correct one hertfordshire! both were lovely :D

I'm so pleased you've had such good feedback. Very encouraging :) It really does sound like they couldn't have been nicer.

I'm going to look at that link. Interesting. Would you still be thinking of a friend for disc if the right one came along?

That does sound lovely

I'm so pleased you've had such good feedback. Very encouraging :) It really does sound like they couldn't have been nicer.

I'm going to look at that link. Interesting. Would you still be thinking of a friend for disc if the right one came along?

That does sound lovely

if the right match came up for bisc and he was stable at that time then yes, i think we would enquire again :) i'll keep an eye out for matches as usual but maybe concentrate more around our area and the north-west initially.

we have two options for bisc we think would suit him best - one is choosing a friend for him, bringing her here and dividing his main area for them to live side by side initially as they get to know each other. the second would be to maybe take him to the rescue for an initial bunny date to see his reaction and then if things seem ok, to bring them both home and again let them live side by side initially.

anyway, there is time to work out the details at the time. x

if the right match came up for bisc and he was stable at that time then yes, i think we would enquire again :) i'll keep an eye out for matches as usual but maybe concentrate more around our area and the north-west initially.

we have two options for bisc we think would suit him best - one is choosing a friend for him, bringing her here and dividing his main area for them to live side by side initially as they get to know each other. the second would be to maybe take him to the rescue for an initial bunny date to see his reaction and then if things seem ok, to bring them both home and again let them live side by side initially.

anyway, there is time to work out the details at the time. x

Yes, when and if the time is right, it will work out :thumb:

(ps I'm sorry autocorrect amended bisc's name. Sorry!)

Back