• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is your bunny/ies 'yours'?

They are my sole responsibility. OH will feed them if I ask and help with arranging someone to look after them if we go away and he likes to say hello and give treats but he firmly associates them as mine.

But then they were here first, :D

Though to add... The buns think were theirs.... Just had yuri thump until I held out a piece of carrot for her to take from me And not the bowl.... Yeeeep I'm well trained

Officially Apricot and Ginger are my Daughters, and Dandy and Beano are mine. But in reality me, my daughter and my hubby all look after them, but me and my daughter do the most including cleaning out etc. :thumb: when they were in pairs we would clean out a hutch each, but now they are a quad we clean the shed together :love:

The dogs are the family pets.

The six rabbits, three guinea pigs and the hamster are my pets.

My son (almost 17) cares for them all when I am away (not often as I dont like leaving them).

I love animals and always have. Son thinks I am 'crackers' to spend so much time/money on them. They are my delight.

I had our animals before we moved in together with the exception of the bunnies, who we have adopted since living together. I probably do the most for all of them, but I class them as ours as it is our family. the care is something i have always done, and i have my routine so its something I would naturally carry on with. my bf is still very involved with them all

All the bunnies are mine (apparently)....

Well perhaps when it's fun time they are his but for all the grown up day to day tasks they are definitely mine!

Jack is meant to be a shared cat, but I think I win....

Officially they're both mine. I own them, I'm the one at the vets etc.

I see them as ours though, but I think I'm more attached to them, and them to me - when rupert is poorly, he lunges at John, but not me, he trusts me, if I call for him he comes to me, but not always John. Although, Tia goes to John more. Rupert's a mummy's boy and Tia's a daddy's girl :lol:

We share the looking after really - we both do their shed, both feed them, both go to the vets with them, etc.

We all belong to Max :roll::lol:

They officially belong to both me and OH, but I do most of their care (although OH does help if needed) and make any big decisions for them.

If we ever break up the buns will come with me whether OH likes it or not! ;)

My first bonded pair were my bunnies before my partner and I got together (my second pair are: Betty as a partner for Iggy when Perdy died and then Walter as company for Betty when Ig passed away). They were already about 4 when my partner and i met so probably more my bunnies.

My second pair feel more of ours. My partner picked up Walt and Walt will follow him to play in the living room, so i think he feels more bonded to him that I do in some respects.
Walt was also only a baby when we got him (about 6 months old) and is the first baby bunny my partner had ever known and had the chance to see grow up. :D

We tend to share the cleaning up but I always do medication and health checks etc. :roll:

Thanks for the responses guys! It's really interesting and a real mixed bag.

My main conclusion is that the no matter who does what or who owns who, the whole household falls in LOVE with the bunnies :)

hmmm,,, I cant say my hubby would agree,,,

when we got the bunnies, my hubby thought it was a case of chuck in a carrot and some hay and once a week clear them out...

he didnt realise the time and investment that bunnies need. the bunnies were for my son but I assume 100% responsibility and am out at 6 am daily wind and rain.

Similarly, now that my bunnies are having 'relationship' difficulties, he is less patient and understanding to the time I have to spend with them,

Fee x

I'm jealous of all those who get help with the cleaning :lol: When I'm at home though and not at uni, my little brother is very helpful :) He's actually looking after Nahla for me at the moment. OH would never touch a litter tray, but he does like to lay on the floor and let them jump all over him.

hmmm,,, I cant say my hubby would agree,,,

when we got the bunnies, my hubby thought it was a case of chuck in a carrot and some hay and once a week clear them out...

he didnt realise the time and investment that bunnies need. the bunnies were for my son but I assume 100% responsibility and am out at 6 am daily wind and rain.

Similarly, now that my bunnies are having 'relationship' difficulties, he is less patient and understanding to the time I have to spend with them,

Fee x

That's a shame. I think my oh was surprised too at the care they need.

Back