• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this run big enough for two rabbits?

Quote "Just found a couple more http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/72-XL-Dog-Chic...item4aacc6d098"

I have this one but mine is 7ft x 3ft.

I would go for the big oblong one, I also have the 7ft by 3ft one and use it for 2 bunnies. One of the reasons I bought this one was because it was big but also it's got a wire roof. I have got one of the smaller hexagon ones too with the netting roof but this is easily chewed by bunnies and then they can jump out and mine have!! Also not very safe if you have foxes around :(

Yes of course. Cat jumps up onto it and down the net goes. The pegs don't hold it. :(

0_O eager cat

reason I ask is I am going to but the buns in pen with a net on top while were staying at the inlaws

no you have made me think about getting something like cable ties to hold the net on as they have a cat now

I personally put my two rabbits on a lead and post the leads into the ground with a tent peg and a long length of lead so they can run fairly freely in the garden.

I personally put my two rabbits on a lead and post the leads into the ground with a tent peg and a long length of lead so they can run fairly freely in the garden.

thats is not safe..... if a cat or any other such animal got in the garden the rabbits could not escape.......

I have the same run that you have won and I find it secure. It is a bit awkward to move if you have it attached to a hutch like I have but its still do able. The roof is all metal the net in the picture is just for shade.

Thankyou :) I do like the wooden ones but I have only found a few and they dont seem very big! This one is just for some surpervised grass time though as I am hoping to get an aviary attached to the shed for them.

Also just to add the nets are really flimsy, we had one and its almost near to ripping.. it's not safe at all sadly especially if there are cats etc about,

to add also my cat was able to get his paw right through the bars and if one of my buns was near the edge he could have at least taken a swipe :(

He darent go near em now think he's more scared of them especially since one thumped when he did it lol

but ive also got a new run x

I had that run a while ago. It was very good. Although when my buns were really small they could squeeze through the gaps in the end I had to put chicken wire round it for extra security. They will be okay if they are not babies!

wow are you serious? :shock:
What happens if a cat/fox/huge bird comes along and attacks the rabbits?
They could get out of the harness and run away.
Or the long length of lead could get wrapped around their necks and they could get strangled.

That is a very unsafe thing to do.

Back