• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this likely to work?

Sparkles

Young Bun
Hello.

I am taking my male bunny oscar to get neutered in the next few weeks and i was wondering if theres any chance of ever bonding him with an already bonded male/female pair.

When he first came home at 8 weeks he got badly injured by the female who managed to get where she shouldnt so i dont have much hope really. I really would love them to be able to live together though and just wondered what other people think.

I have a bonded female/female/male trio and one of the females is very timid and shy so I think it is possible but needs to be taken slowly.

Anything is possible if you give it time.

I have had 2 sucessful males bonded to an already bonded male/female pair.

I have also had an all male trio (unrelated).

I feel more hopeful than i did :) I am just terrified that he would get killed by the female after how aggressive she was before. Although maybe that was because he was a baby im not sure.

From what you say it also wasn't on neutral territory when it happened before - bunnies get very protective of their own 'patch', which is why you have to bond them somewhere that none of the buns have been before.

Based on an accidental introduction of an unneutered bun, on an existing territory, you can't judge whether the same buns will get on if neutered and introduced carefully on neutral territory.

Anything is possible if you give it time.

I have had 2 sucessful males bonded to an already bonded male/female pair.

I have also had an all male trio (unrelated).

I'm glad I read this -gives me hope for when I eventually try my trio!!!:D

Autumn and Sophie met before they should. I was so shocked at how agressive bunnies could be. Sophie was a juvenile so un neutered and Autumn was in th house as she had just been neutered the day before. Some how Sophs got out and all hell broke loose.

But I still managed to bond them into part of a 4some once both neutered and hormones had died down.

Just try to keep them apart, so they cans see each other until you are bonding them that way they will not recognise each other hopefully

Thankyou for all the advice. Since the accident happened i moved them to different floors of the house so it wouldnt happen again. If it doesnt work out then i will get him a female friend of his own. I wont be able to so that until i move house next july though. Luckily he gets a lot of human company so i dont think hes at all unhappy :)

Have booked the lil man in for monday so fingers crossed it all goes well.

Back