• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this enough pellets?

Mine get alot more than that and have Hay and veg every day too:oops: all mine are in great condition, if I gave mine that amount I think they would pack their bags:lol:. Some that come in a little overweight do get less

My two get the same amount you have in one of those size bowls twice a day to share. They have loads of Hay and are the perfect weight the vet says so I am happy with what they get.

Ours get more than that. I think they would start eating each other if they didn't. :lol: Our outside 5 get 50g a day each (ish, we have a cooking measuring cup) Our vet says they are in perfect condition so that obviously works for them. They have constant hay, but not all that much veg though. I will probably cut them down in the summer.

Last edited:
i tried giving them veggies daily and they got runny poo :shock: it's not the type of beggies 'cause i tried alot of differant ones. They are very selective abut their veg, they will only eat spring greens, tomato and brocoli :rolleyes:

Gosh I'm overfeeding :oops: Bit of a tweak needed there... eh heh.
:roll:
Although I dont give them that much fruit/veg so ... just gonna decrease the pellets a tad :oops:

Mine get alot more than that and have Hay and veg every day too:oops: all mine are in great condition, if I gave mine that amount I think they would pack their bags:lol:. Some that come in a little overweight do get less[/QUOT

I was waiting for some to say that :oops:.Mine too,mine also would of left home along time ago.:lol:
Whoops! not sure what happen there.:oops:

Last edited:
My lot havent packed their bags yet :lol: but they get alot less than most of you lot feed! I give about one handful between all 3 of them each morning and just veg at night! :shock::oops: They havent lost weight though so i think its ok for them. All 3 of them have always been around 1.7kg each so not big bunnies and their poops are lovely and big :D

I would really feed veggies more than twice a week, I really think all rabbits should get veggies every day, even if it is only for variety.

Have you tried things like parsley? Never met a bunny who doesn't love parsley! Also rocket, romaine, celery, corriander, there are loads, I'm sure they will like more than those.

I would really feed veggies more than twice a week, I really think all rabbits should get veggies every day, even if it is only for variety.

Have you tried things like parsley? Never met a bunny who doesn't love parsley! Also rocket, romaine, celery, corriander, there are loads, I'm sure they will like more than those.

You havn't met Drake and Josh yet then! :lol::lol: They are really picky!

I agree, I think it's more likely to cause tum problems giving it less often as they are not used to it.

Bindi gets an egg cup of excel light in the morning with a handful of her favourite veg. and then a handful, of veg, again in the evening. She has an endless supply of hay.

Maya has an egg cup of excel light in the morning, and also some squished peas (cos hes spoilt), and a handful of veg in the morning and again at night. He also has an endless supple of hay.

There is not a trace of excel or veg in either in the morning. (Apart from Maya doesn't like brocolli stalk :lol:)

I really think it depends on the bunny.

Lots of hay daily. 30g of SS in the morning and 30g late afternoon. Veg at bedtime 7pm. ( 1 large leaf of Spring greens, 2 cauli leaves, few small chunks of Brocolli and stalk each ) Charlotte was weighed recently before myxi jab and had lost 4oz since August. I will prob put them on Excel lite in the summer. They get lots of excercise as i know yours do, so they should be ok with this diet.

If you can weigh them regularly you could give them a few extra at bedtime. It worth comparing the nutritional content of your pellets as they all vary.

Charlotte took ages for her tum to agree with veggies, but she got there in the end. Probably better to have a little bit daily than a big portion all in one go. :D

Back