• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it really wrong?

I don't think it's wrong at all. I'm more drawn towards lionheads, but I'll usually go for the one that no one else wants, especially if they've got one eye or three legs! :wave:

I don't think it's wrong at all. I'm more drawn towards lionheads, but I'll usually go for the one that no one else wants, especially if they've got one eye or three legs! :wave:

:love:

i usually end up with the gal who dont hate Alvin on sight :roll:

but if i could choose theres so many different breeds id want :oops:

I very selfishly only wanted a Giant Papillon, but I love my both to pieces and wouldn't change them for the world :love::love::love:

Mixed feelings on this.... when Daisy lost her partner Gabriel all I cared about was that she found a friend SHE liked. That said if I were looking to take on an additional new pair I'd hold out for a French lop pair.... just love the squidgy faces!

I guess its finding a balance between what you and your bunnies want and need.

I wanted a lop buddy for Charlee. I let the rescue know that preferably this is what we were looking for, but as she wasn't vaccinated or spayed at that point (too young) we weren't in any rush. A few came up but we had to say no because of financial reasons. When we were more financially stable, I let the rescue know again but as they had very few rabbits it was more a point of trying to find a male bun rather than caring about breed. And so we got Noah :love::love: I wouldn't change him for the world - although murphy's law, soon after we adopted him the shelter became over run with rabbits many of them being lops :lol::lol:

To want a rabbit for its certain look? I know i much prefer lop eared rabbits and whilst looking for a rabbit in rescues this is what i look for. Ive seen people criticized for searching for a particular breed. When i first owned rabbits i didnt know much about rescues so i got my mini lop off a breeder, his colour is what i was specifically looking for as was my french lop and i dont regret being "shallow" in my decision.

There will be some people who want to rehome and want a specific type of bunny and others who will say "give me the rabbit who has been in the rescue the longest". Neither is wrong. A rabbit is getting a new home.

No there's nothing wrong with liking a certain look of a rabbit. :) All rabbits are gorgeous but admittedly we probably have all fallen for a certain look. ;) Mine must be uppy ears cos all my 4's ears stick up. :lol:

If I was to buy a rabbit from a rescue or just for a pet then I would definately pick on temperament and suitability first, and looks dead last. When I decided to breed, there were quite a lot of breeds with generally great temperaments and suited to me, so then I thought well how about a rare variety, and the thrianta was the one that seemed perfect for me. The gorgeous colour was a bonus! :lol:

I don't think it's wrong either really. Either way a bunny is getting a new home:) My two are lionheads and I do have a huge soft spot for their fluffy little faces, but in the future I think I'll get more lops as well as lionheads, as I miss my two lops Barney and Smudge sooo much... but as long as you love your bunnies and care for them properly I don't think it matters whether you prefer a certain breed or look, because i know I do:oops::)

lots lops need homes

How is it selfish? It might be if there weren't loads of lops needing homes, but there are. And it isn't selfish to make sure you choose a bun you feel a pull towards, both looks and personality. We have one lop and one uppy-eared - it wasn't planned, but Buffy (lop) was widowed and needed an equally elderly husbun. Sausage was in rescue, matched her in looks in every way except for the uppy ears,and he was even the same age. I fell in love and so did she! Good luck.

Back