• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it really wrong?

I don't think it is wrong. I fell in love with Hayden and Dudley because their "look" made me smile with their little hairdo's. On the other hand, Lucy is not the prettiest bunny in my eyes when I first got her, but now she is very pwetty and I think that comes with getting to know them if that makes sense.
I feel bad admitting it but if I saw a picture of Lucy she wouldn't be my first choice but I am happy I rescued her. It made me realise that a bunny is a bunny no matter what they look like and they all deserve a chance. It makes me sad that not so pretty bunnies don't get new homes very quickly because of the way they look. Saying that, I just can't help falling in love with buns with funky hairdos now as they make me smile.

totally know what you mean! When neela was a baby her ears were to big for her and her fur was all sticky out and funny :lol: i loved her cos she was soo confident and cuddly but she did eventually grow into her ears :)

I didn't choose my boys by looks - I hadn't intended getting rabbits, and I've never been into black, but Blackie demanded attention, and I was hooked :love:

No, I'd never choose by looks alone - I wouldn't be able to, cos all bunnies are beautiful (even the grumpy looking ones :lol:)

I didn't choose my boys by looks - I hadn't intended getting rabbits, and I've never been into black, but Blackie demanded attention, and I was hooked :love:

No, I'd never choose by looks alone - I wouldn't be able to, cos all bunnies are beautiful (even the grumpy looking ones :lol:)

You must be fond of black tan nethies though :lol:

You must be fond of black tan nethies though :lol:

Now I have them I love them, but it was just because Blackie demanded my attention that I took them - they came as a family, and I couldn't split them :)

If I was choosing a colour now I would choose black simply because they are the ones who are often overlooked, so for a person who never wears black, has hardly anything black in her life, that's not bad going :lol:

After having a Martin Sable many years ago I fell in love with them and a Mother Martin Sable came in with her Daughter at Bunny Burrows and we have them both now as I love their temperament's as they are so laid back.

I love all rabbits but there is something about tans I just love. Apart from his stunning looks Apollo has such an amazing character and having come here very fear agressive he very quickly responded to me and now even comes running as soon as he spots me.

To want a rabbit for its certain look? I know i much prefer lop eared rabbits and whilst looking for a rabbit in rescues this is what i look for. Ive seen people criticized for searching for a particular breed. When i first owned rabbits i didnt know much about rescues so i got my mini lop off a breeder, his colour is what i was specifically looking for as was my french lop and i dont regret being "shallow" in my decision.

i was the same as you when looking for a rabbit i wanted a black one with strait ears because when i was younger i had 1 called pipin
it took me ages looking for one all the petshops and breeders sold lop eared which i like but i wanted a strait eared then looked at rspca and saw belle i thought thats the 1 4 me im having you and i got her and her temperamental ways lol :lol:
sometimes call her General Woundwort: off of watership down when shes being nasty to me or tink lol dont think she likes the name tho :lol:
08072010489-001.jpg

I am very shallow and wanted a Harlequin lop eared rabbit. I went to Pets at Home one day and there was Louie so I bought him :love:

ive only had 1 uppy eared bun but loved her dearly, our bond was unique, she only loved me and that was rosie :cry: i miss her

all my overs have been lops 3 mini lops, one from breeder, one from a pet shop
my other lop was a rescue french lop

all had own personalties

I was not keen on Dutchies before I rescued my two.:shock:

I just felt such a strong urge to save them from an uncertain fate, that I didn't care what they looked like.

I am so glade I did, I will be hooked on Dutchies forever now:love:

So yes, in a way it is wrong 'cause you may miss out on a very special bun:)

I was given Bobby as a surprise by my fella he had got her from a friend who's bunny had babies... she was perfect! :love:

I found Carlo on here, and I was just looking for a mate for Bob's but his eyes made me melt! I now have a BIG thing for eyeliner buns now,. :love:

I'm similar to hancy with her dutchies in that I was never a fan of black bunnies and now I have 3 that I absolutely love.
Strangely I think their personalities have made me really warm to their looks because I now find myself very drawn to black bunnies. I'd love to have a black conti or a black belgian hare in the future. :love:

I was given Bobby as a surprise by my fella he had got her from a friend who's bunny had babies... she was perfect! :love:

I found Carlo on here, and I was just looking for a mate for Bob's but his eyes made me melt! I now have a BIG thing for eyeliner buns now,. :love:

Id love an eye-liner bun :love: Carlo is gorgeous!

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a certain breed/colour/whatever.

I do think it's wrong to keep breeding buns for a look when it leads to health complications (ie, striving for flatter faces in nethies or longer ears in english lops).

I know it's different but it's like with dog rescues. A lot of the 'uglier dogs' will take longer to find a home, but there's no shame in picking one that's aesthetically pleasing because at the end of the day they all need a home.

what i wanted to say in a nut shell!

When I adopted Sookie, she was identical to Rodge, my mum said 'WOuldnt you like one thats a little different?' :lol: Says the woman who has 2 black labradors!!!:lol:

Id love to adopt a black lop eared bun one day......I think they are stunning! :love:

i dont see a problem at all :D id love a giant papillon or a huge steel conti :D must say your chocolate boy is amazing.hes a french right?:love: they also another favourite of mine.but love my mini pair

I think it's ok to want a bun for it's looks, if it's from rescue anyway you're still helping other bunnies too. With Max as soon as I saw his photo I wanted to adopt him cos he looked so cute, with Alvin although he was gorgeous it was his character that made me want him. I went to nose rub him in his hutch and he grabbed hold of my coat with his teeth, he was full of character and that's what appealed to me with him. My dream bunny would be a chocolate otter mini lop though :love:

If I was choosing a colour now I would choose black simply because they are the ones who are often overlooked, so for a person who never wears black, has hardly anything black in her life, that's not bad going :lol:

Sadly this is so true. I ended up with Fudge because he was overlooked due to his colour and I couldnty bear to see him in rescue any longer :(

i dont see a problem at all :D id love a giant papillon or a huge steel conti :D must say your chocolate boy is amazing.hes a french right?:love: they also another favourite of mine.but love my mini pair

Thank you :D Hes such an amazing boy :) I travelled to england for him simply because before (for some reason ive seen heaps of frenchies in rescues lately!) i couldnt find any in rescues so i wanted to go to a good breeder, obviously. You would definitely not regret getting a frenchie :) I love my mini girl just as much though, shes easier to handle!

Back