• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it possible....

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
....to start bonding on a Friday night and have them bonded enough to leave them alone when i go to work on the Monday morning?

Oh poo. It looks like i may have to send them away for bonding then :(

The bonding was going really well but then we've had to separate them cos of Rainbow's problem. I've had this week off work and i've got no more annual leave days left at work to do the bonding again. I only get weekends off

The bonding was going really well but then we've had to separate them cos of Rainbow's problem. I've had this week off work and i've got no more annual leave days left at work to do the bonding again. I only get weekends off

I would give it a go! I am going to attempt to bond Bungle into my pair over a weekend. If I am not confident by monday morning they can be left while im at work I will have to separate them with a run panel but leave them side by side.

I rarely have more than 36 hours to get a bond to that stage so it's certainly possible. :)

I agree, definitely worth giving it a go. More often than not it's all done-and-dusted in less than 24 hours with young buns :) [was just being honest/realistic in earlier post]. Good luck!

If you need someone to have them for a bit then they're welcome here - my OH is home all day and is an experienced bunny bonder too!

I felt confident enough to leave Ruby and Pip together after about 2 and a half days so I'd definitely say it was possible.
Having only had one bonding experience I can't say how common that would be though.

Worth a try though. Especially if they were getting on well before Rainbow had his vet trip.

When I bonded Strawbs and Snow I started it on a Wednesday during half term and went out and left them on the Thursday for a few hours. They were chasing alot but I knew by then that it wouldnt turn nasty and left them too it.

you sure you don't feel a week long cold coming on....;)

Thanks for all the replies :D I'll give it a go then - hopefully this Friday night if Rainbow gets the all clear from the vets on Wednesday.

The bonding was going really well too *sigh*

Back