• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal for older buns to become fussy with their food? UPDATE not good news :-(

aww im soo sorry my trev passed away on friday so i know how you are feeling he was only with me for 2 years but he was my best friend
RIP Ozzie xx

Thanks. I'm really sorry about Trev, TasherR. It's horrible isn't it.

Binky free Ozzie and Trev x

All I can say is that Ozzie was a star. :love:

Hi everyone. Very sad news this morning. Ozzie had taken a turn for the worse overnight - although he was eating and drinking (he drank three small bowls between 6pm and when i went to bed around 11pm), he was very floppy and quite clearly not well this morning. So i took him back to the vets. They did offer to put him on a drip but I just felt it wasn't fair to keep him going - he'd 'gone' already. The vet did agree with my decision after i made it too. So that made me feel better. I sat with him while he went.:cry:

I loved that rabbit so much. I hope he had a good life for the 4 years he was with me.

Binky free Ozzie boy xxx

Thanks for all your help. x

I am so sorry not to have seen this update until now :cry:
You made the best decision for Ozzie and he is at peace now.

I am really sorry for your loss :cry:

xx

I am sorry, I have only just read this thread.

Bless Ozzie, so sad that it wasn't a different outcome.

Binky free Ozzie. Not raining at the bridge. Lots of lovely sunshine and long luscious grass to enjoy.

Have fun.

So sorry to read about Ozzie :(

Sorry he didn't make it, but it sounds like you did all you could for him.

Hi everyone. Very sad news this morning. Ozzie had taken a turn for the worse overnight - although he was eating and drinking (he drank three small bowls between 6pm and when i went to bed around 11pm), he was very floppy and quite clearly not well this morning. So i took him back to the vets. They did offer to put him on a drip but I just felt it wasn't fair to keep him going - he'd 'gone' already. The vet did agree with my decision after i made it too. So that made me feel better. I sat with him while he went.:cry:

I loved that rabbit so much. I hope he had a good life for the 4 years he was with me.

Binky free Ozzie boy xxx

Thanks for all your help. x

So sorry to hear this news. :(
Something very similar happened to my rabbit Lopsie and I made the same decision you did. I think you've done the best for him. Rest in peace little one.

Hi Rabbers, So sorry to hear about little Ozzie. Leo is experiencing exactly the same symptoms at the moment & reading your thread has really saddened me as I know I'm going to have to make that awful decision in the not so distant future :cry:

You did what was best for the little guy & I'm sure he knows you love him very much

x x x x

Back