• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspiration and ideas need pretty please. Flowers and plants

I think something soft, but with a vibrant 'spark' - something that shows his soft side and his vibrant personality.

So something two tone almost. Will carry on looking for you.

I'm afraid I have no ideas any better than what has already been posted but just wanted to say that whatever you choose, i'm sure Badger would love it x

Thanks guys :)

I can't have what I really want because it doesn't exist, so I'm thinking of going away from that because nothing will be 'just right'. I really, really like the rose that is red and silver. That just looks so special, which is what he was.

Aw only just seen this. If you do decide on a rose, Ferdinard Pichard is gorgeous, and has the most amazing scent. The pics don't really do it justice but it's an amazingly rich, full textured old rose...

http://www.sarahraven.com/shop/plan...roses/rose-ferdinand-pritchard-bush-rose.html

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/products/roses/ferdinand-pichard/

It's fairly easy to get hold of but some of the pics showed it as slightly the wrong colour - these were closest to how it looks in real life.

Masquerade is nice and changes colour, but I'd look at Ferdinand Pichard if you do decide you want a rose for Badger - it's so hard to choose, I know, :( but this rose is truly special...

I am trying to remember the name of a nice rose I saw in a Christmas arrangement that was two tone will ask around the find out the name.
Its often used in bridal bouquets.

Thanks guys. We have now chosen a rose and ordered it.

We do LOVE the idea of the Dahlia's and are considering getting some of those too.

Thanks all for you help :)

I'm back...and I found something you might like..... roses which bear different coloured flowers on one plant. :D

Rosa mutabilis

Apparently they come out yellow, turn pink, then "bronzy crimson" - so once you have flowers of different ages, you have a multicoloured rose bush.

Joseph's Coat - another multicoloured one

Masquerade

Happy Chappy - another multicoloured one, quite a bit smaller than the others.

ETA awwww I was too late :lol:

Thank you very much clutterdrawer. You may have been 'too late' in this instance, but there will, sadly, be more rose bushes needed and having suggestions like these- like all of these- are brilliant. So thank you :)

Aw thank you, that's so lovely.

Please do feel free to post the pictures anyway :D Mum has decided she wants to make the area as colourful as possible, so it looks like we won't just be having a rose.

That's so sweet poppymoon, thank you so much for the effort you went to. I feel so, so alone right now, and people doing things like that, and the effort clutterydrawer has gone to helps ease that somehow.

Thanks guys. We have now chosen a rose and ordered it.

We do LOVE the idea of the Dahlia's and are considering getting some of those too.

Thanks all for you help :)

Aw I'm glad you have found a rose. Let us know once you have it! :love:

Please do feel free to post the pictures anyway :D Mum has decided she wants to make the area as colourful as possible, so it looks like we won't just be having a rose.

That's so sweet poppymoon, thank you so much for the effort you went to. I feel so, so alone right now, and people doing things like that, and the effort clutterydrawer has gone to helps ease that somehow.

if i can work out how to get pics from stoopid phone onto here i'll put them up:D (i did think of taking my actual camera but i figured that may look just a tad suspicious - and i'm already quite unpopular in the pet section of the garden centre anyway:oops:)

i used to love gardening but now i move about more in rented houses, i tend to stick to pots:(

hugs xxxxxx

It sounds like it will be lovely, can we see photos of it, or is it too private?

I was thinking I might plant something nice for Sorrel. I don't have a garden, but there must be something that wold look nice in a pot :)

It sounds like it will be lovely, can we see photos of it, or is it too private?

I was thinking I might plant something nice for Sorrel. I don't have a garden, but there must be something that wold look nice in a pot :)

I will post some pics :) Not sure at what point because it would be lovely to get things in full bloom.

There will be something perfect for Sorrel :) Its just a case of finding it. Do you know what sort of thing you would want?

Last edited:
I will post some pics :) Not sure at what point because it would be lovely to get things in full bloom.

There will be something perfect for Sorrel :) Its just a case of finding it. Do you know what sort of thing you would want?

Cool, I will look forward to see it in the future :)

No idea really, it was just a vague pondering - I will mull it over until I hit on th right thing. I suppose I could plant some actual sorrel, but it's a pesky weed that takes over everything :lol:

Oh, I just remembered....I found this while I was researching...thought of you and your bunny rose garden. :)

"Mark not my grave with stone or sculpted urn
I want no laboured art where I repose
When life is past and I to dust return
I'd lie beneath the shadow of a rose."

Back