• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse Died Peacefully at 1930hrs on 2nd Feb 2014

As someone who was hospitalised with pneumonia in Oct last year you have my empathy. I had four lots of antibiotics - initially by iv - and they eventually worked but it took me months to totally recover from the exhaustion. I found caring for my rabbits really difficult - and I have far less than you - and found pacing myself really helped.

I missed my Dad lots too when I was really poorly - and he died in 1985. Your loss of the wonderful Inspector is still very new and raw. Be kind to yourself Jane - you are a very special person and are much loved and respected on RU.

Thinking of you and sending lots of healing vibes xxxx

I have just read all of this thread

The only thing that can help me is for the thread's ending to have been different. For The Inspector to have lived and not died.

I know that no Rabbit can live forever, no earthly life of any species is eternal. But The Inspector was beyond special to me. He was my one and only soul mate of any kind. He is irreplaceable.

I realise that I am just a pathetic piece of :censored: who's mind is broken beyond repair. But that does not mean that how I feel about The Inspector, about how I cant just 'move on' is just because I am mentally ill. It is a genuine human feeling of unimaginable loss. A loss like no other and one from which recovery is, for me, impossible

Jane, I really am hopeless at knowing what to say and it sounds so glib to say I understand, but I am here. x

Thinking of you and sending hugs. We miss you when you're not posting, so you can't be a pathetic piece of anything.

Sending supporting vibes to you Jane.
I personally believe he will always be there with you. Just not in our world, he'll be watching from his side of the vail and when it becomes thinner he'll come over to visit when he can.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It's not pathetic, I still cry over my Barney cat and he passed over 7 years ago.

We love them with all our heart.

xxx

You are not pathetic Jane, you had such a close bond it is no wonder you struggle with having lost him.

Sending hugs xx

Feeling loss and pain is not pathetic - it shows that you are human and capable of deep emotions. Some people aren't affected by anything in life - they are too closed off and insular. You loved the Inspector with a bond that is beyond human understanding - your love was without end, and your loss feels the same.

Thinking of you xxx

I have had a horrendous few days regarding PTSD and The Inspector was always the only one whom I felt really understood. I miss him so, so much.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Last edited:
:(. Sorry you have had a few horrendous days. The Inspector was very special, it's incredibly sad he is no longer with you but am sure his spirit is by your side. Xxx

Your friends on RU will always be here for you.

It is not silly or pathetic to grieve for someone so special - it just shows how much the Inspector meant to you and always will.

((((( hugs ))))) xx

I empathize with you, Jane. I know none of us can truly feel exactly what you do, but I don't think I will ever get over losing Shadow. He was my rock, and even though Jenna has metaphorically speaking taken up his harness and pawsteps, I don't know that I will ever feel the same about the world around me in his absence.

Sending (((((((((gentle hugs))))))))))) your way. The Inspector still is such a great presence here. I smile every time I look at my special mug with his pictures on, or the lovely cards you have sent me with his images. I brought them all here with me to my new home and intend to put them in a large frame so I can see them all at once. :love:

I hope that every day in every way you will begin to feel better, and I am with you in spirit, as is our beloved Inspector. xxxx

Back