• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Including your rabbits in your will?!

I showed my OH your sig last night with our 'inherited' bunnies! ;) What a morbid bunch we are! :D

:lol: show him this one its my fav D&D snuggle piccy :love:

Dudleydoesearwashing.jpg

It's better to arrange something privately with family members/friends that you can trust to care for your pets in the event of your death.

I'm afraid that wills/trusts for animals are not legally binding x

It's better to arrange something privately with family members/friends that you can trust to care for your pets in the event of your death.

I'm afraid that wills/trusts for animals are not legally binding x

Oh no!! I thought that was the point of a will! I suppose if it was all written down in a will at leaast my family would know exactly what I wanted and I would hope that they would carry out my wishes :?

We've just sorted this all out. You can't leave money to an animal in a will. What you need to do is leave the money to someone you 120% trust and will never lose contact with and give them detailed instructions about what you want to happen and trust that they will! My oldest and dearest and most organised friend is named to do this in our will and I have seperately given her a big list of pet sitter addresses and anyone I can think of to ask for help in the event of both of our suggen deaths. I have asked her to give £400 per rabbit to any rescue which takes one of our rabbits. We have given her plenty of money to do this along with a seperate givft. She is not an animal person unfortunately but I thought and thought about this and it is the best we can do.

We've just sorted this all out. You can't leave money to an animal in a will. What you need to do is leave the money to someone you 120% trust and will never lose contact with and give them detailed instructions about what you want to happen and trust that they will! My oldest and dearest and most organised friend is named to do this in our will and I have seperately given her a big list of pet sitter addresses and anyone I can think of to ask for help in the event of both of our suggen deaths. I have asked her to give £400 per rabbit to any rescue which takes one of our rabbits. We have given her plenty of money to do this along with a seperate givft. She is not an animal person unfortunately but I thought and thought about this and it is the best we can do.

Thanks, I can see I will need to sit down with my parents and let them know exactly what I want for my fur babies! Fortunately, I get on very well with them and they understand how important D&D are to me.

Stator yes I will definitely see if I can arrange a separate fund for them, Altho I don't want Dudley spending it on cars like KarenMs Alfie :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Don't let Dudley know he'll be 'in the money' when you kick the bucket .... he'll be laying booby traps for you all over the house. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Don't let Dudley know he'll be 'in the money' when you kick the bucket .... he'll be laying booby traps for you all over the house. :lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock: I never thought of that!! He's been staring at me strangely ever since I came home maybe he's plotting already :shock:

I do worry if I die young, who would look after my buns for me. Sometimes I've cried at night, as I am so worried of what would happen to them. Because they need the love, care and attention I give them. And I don't know anyone that could give it them, other then RU. :cry:

Maybe when I'm older- i wouldn't like to tempt my own fate by writing a will now.

Aww... you really shouldn't feel like that. It's hard to talk about or even think about, but if you're tempting fate it's more by ignoring it, isn't it? I've been as guilty of this in the past as anyone though! :oops:

:shock::shock: I never thought of that!! He's been staring at me strangely ever since I came home maybe he's plotting already :shock:

Alfie: Dudley, that book you wanted to borrow from me (101 Ways to Kill a Hoomin and Make It Look Accidental) is on its way. ;)

I think its very sensible, definately a good thing to do. I have had a boarder once before say to me "If anything happens to us, we will trust you to find her a new home" And it took me by suprise because nobody had ever said that to me before, i always worried about something happening to the pets while the owners were away I never considered vice versa!

Nobody would want my fatties :lol: I think my mum loves them too much now anyway!

Alfie: Dudley, that book you wanted to borrow from me (101 Ways to Kill a Hoomin and Make It Look Accidental) is on its way. ;)

Daisy: Dudley says thanks! He is too busy to come to the computer he is busy practising some foot flicking ninja bunny moves! I agrees The Mummy must go!! I is in need of a new wardrobe and fancies a shopping spree :D Sarah, will I be allowed off my diet and lots of FCs if I comes to live with you?? I can have my bags packed before The mummy gets home from work and Dudley will 'sort her out' when she does :D

Alfie wrote it himself, with much input from Skye the kitty (who is a pro at trying to kill me :shock: :roll:). Would your buns like a copy too? :lol::lol::lol:

Don't give them any ideas!:lol: Though they seem to be doing a good job at the moment of attempting to trip me up by sprinting in front of me when I'm walking and standing right under my feet. Think they're more in danger than me though as I keep nearly booting them across the room :shock: Actually they could do with a few more lessons on being a bit cleverer about it!:lol::lol:

Though they seem to be doing a good job at the moment of attempting to trip me up by sprinting in front of me when I'm walking and standing right under my feet.

I think they must have already read the book - the first chapter is dedicated to that very same subject! :lol::lol: I think Alfie and Bubbles have taught Skye that trick as well - she attempted to do the very same thing when I was walking up the garden path. (It was about 9pm and pitch black - it very nearly succeeded, both in tripping me AND giving me a heart attack because I didn't even know she was out!)

Bubbles:I could help you pick out dresses that show off your assets and hide a multitude of sins, Daisy. :)

Psssst, sorry for turning a semi-serious thread silly. :oops: I really should get around to actually ensuring those around me know what I would want should the unthinkable happen.

I think they must have already read the book - the first chapter is dedicated to that very same subject! :lol::lol: I think Alfie and Bubbles have taught Skye that trick as well - she attempted to do the very same thing when I was walking up the garden path. (It was about 9pm and pitch black - it very nearly succeeded, both in tripping me AND giving me a heart attack because I didn't even know she was out!)

Bubbles:I could help you pick out dresses that show off your assets and hide a multitude of sins, Daisy. :)

Psssst, sorry for turning a semi-serious thread silly. :oops: I really should get around to actually ensuring those around me know what I would want should the unthinkable happen.

Daisy: Bubbles I has rather sizeable assets according to Dudley :oops: I could do with some help shopping I also has to get a new bunkini as Ginger wants to go on hols and my old one doesnt fit :oops: You should come too, once I get my inheritance we could go somewhere really cool!

ps I like silly threads :D *Lilys* agony aunt one wins thread of the day :lol:

Ginger: Daisy, have you thought of Bunsosuction? I need to put ON weight, so they could give me your 'assets' :) I have my bunkini ready to go. I'm good at running rounds the Daddys feetsies, so i can trip him easily and get his pennies!

Back