• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm in Love! UD I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!

Liesel! Another VonTrapp bunny!

There was another set of kits taken in by the same rescue and I suggested the Vontrapps as names for them - there is a Liesel!

Brought Gretel home yesterday - it was pretty much love at first sight, they haven't fought at all (yet - touchwood) and doen lots of grooming and snuggling!

Hope things go well for William and Liesel - can't wait to see pics!

Reading about Gretel's late-night antics made me laugh :D Sounds like a typical, excited baby bun!! :D If you get tired of her ... send her to me!!
Really glad to hear it's all still going well - obviously a match made in heaven :love: x

I think I'd better warn you Carol, these Brummie bunnies have loads of spirit about them ... I wouldn't expect any calming down for some time to come :lol::lol::lol:

I heard a scuffle and a bump a few days ago to find Tinks on top of a fish tank, it's about 42" off ground level and she was just perched on top of it exploring :shock::shock: I've decided I need to make her and Rudy a big cage with a ROOF on it as she's just too determined to escape otherwise.

... So happy to hear that your buns love each other.

She was always perfectly well behaved at my house ;) If you don't want her anymore I'd be very happy to take her back :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What's she been chewing? She never seemed much of a chewer in the hutch although she did seem to like her cardboard box.

She was always perfectly well behaved at my house ;) If you don't want her anymore I'd be very happy to take her back :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What's she been chewing? She never seemed much of a chewer in the hutch although she did seem to like her cardboard box.

If it's chewable she had a go! Fave (fortunately) was the seagrass mat I put out for her but I did catch her on my bookshelf having a go at my photo albums! Now she is super content chewing a hay 'n hide full of orchard grass and a boredom breakers knaw stone which Gregory is having to lick rather than chew poor guy!

Still lots of kissing and cuddling each other too! :love:

oh dear.......I have to admit that I don't have an unchewed book that is within reach of rabbits. After picking honey up and giving her a cuddle (which she hates) a few times when she started doing it, a firm no usually surfices but there is a definite reason why my buns live in the utility room when unsupervised :) :)

oh dear.......I have to admit that I don't have an unchewed book that is within reach of rabbits. After picking honey up and giving her a cuddle (which she hates) a few times when she started doing it, a firm no usually surfices but there is a definite reason why my buns live in the utility room when unsupervised :) :)

She was quite good when I told her to come off (sounding very grumpy as it was the middle of the night!) - I've moved everything that would bother me if it got chewed!

So, turns out that while Gretel loves being a house bun, binkying about the place, she is also a little Madam!

I decided to sleep on the sofa so I could keep an ear on the 2 of them. Gregory, knowing night time is for sleeping, went to sleep. Gretel on the other hand.....

Incident 1: She jumps on my head: Hello Mummy!

Incident 2: She chews everything! So loud it wakes me up!

Incident 3: She invents a wonderful new game which involves running at lightning speed behind the curtains, then running back out at lightning speed and binkying in the middle of the room; 'Tada! Look at me Mummy!'
'Lovely sweetheart but it's 1 O' :censored: clock in the morning!'

When Gregory joined in at 4 am I lost the plot and took them both back to the hallway and got in my bed!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Uh-hmmmm .....

Will have stern words with foster mummy Lucy as we really can't have this sort of behaviour tarnishing the brummie bunny name!! ..... ;)

Glad she is so happy in her new home.x

Will have stern words with foster mummy Lucy as we really can't have this sort of behaviour tarnishing the brummie bunny name!! ..... ;)

Thank you Chloe for all your help in getting her - despite being a little nutter, she really is adorable!

:lol:Awwww bless Gretel - that is so funny & has really made me laugh! :lol::lol::lol: So glad they are loved up - of course when they're not being naughty! :lol::lol::lol:

exsqueeze me she was very well behaved until she went up north. A very prim and proper lady :) Gregory has obviously been filling her ear with norty suggestions.

(although I have to admit it, I'd never put her down as the culprit but there is a an awful lot less poo and wee outside the litter tray today...I thought it was the boy wispa who was the culprit but I may have given you a less than litter trained bun :shock: Hopefully it was just that the bouncy siblings kept scaring her off the litter tray as she is a little scaredy cat.

Gretel sounds like Lola! Completely bonkers!
I was woken up at 4am this mornign by Lola banging ehr bells toy against the side of the cage and I am not a happy bunny:censored: I had the hangover from hell!

How is Gregory coping with this feisty little bun???

exsqueeze me she was very well behaved until she went up north. A very prim and proper lady :) Gregory has obviously been filling her ear with norty suggestions.

(although I have to admit it, I'd never put her down as the culprit but there is a an awful lot less poo and wee outside the litter tray today...I thought it was the boy wispa who was the culprit but I may have given you a less than litter trained bun :shock: Hopefully it was just that the bouncy siblings kept scaring her off the litter tray as she is a little scaredy cat.

Well I have been picking up lots of poo each time I go in there (i.e. every 15 mins or so!) but only a little bit of wee on the carpet where she has stuck her bottom too far over the edge of the tray!

TBH I'm surprised gregory is paying her any attention at all....he seemed much more interested in his food when he was here :)

Back