• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm being harassed by a fox u/d fox in garden at 10:30 today

We have lots of foxes where I live, luckily I have never had a problem with them. We are often woken up in the night by the noises they make they are sooooo loud:lol: I would think it was a good sign that he is having trouble getting anywhere near your buns or he would of got in already. I do love foxes it's such a shame they love rabbits :(

I can't see pics :(

Try now I've made it public :wave:, or you can add me to FB and then you'll be able to see them.

We have lots of foxes where I live, luckily I have never had a problem with them. We are often woken up in the night by the noises they make they are sooooo loud:lol: I would think it was a good sign that he is having trouble getting anywhere near your buns or he would of got in already. I do love foxes it's such a shame they love rabbits :(

Yes I think that is one thing, it's a good sign he's not got in yet, still scaring me to death :shock:. I like foxes too, they're cute :love:

Wow what a fantastic set up!!!! I have added you :D

It looks like he'd have huge trouble getting in, I think he'll soon move on.

I absolutely love foxes, british wildlife centre is near us, and i just love it there :)

Once you accept me, look in my videos - thats our fox who comes thru the day - the big black cat chases it (this cat is bold as brass and huuuuuuuuuuge)

I love foxes :D

559912_10150674693410924_542950923_9514927_2033129469_n.jpg

540592_10150674699095924_542950923_9514969_234528270_n.jpg

538880_10150674709545924_542950923_9515024_2104404949_n.jpg

292553_10150674709785924_542950923_9515025_869606780_n.jpg

This is Ellis, he was an orphan and hand reared - look at his little ears :love:
155430_10150674697480924_542950923_9514958_967689430_n.jpg

562470_10150674695960924_542950923_9514948_1195166152_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a fantastic set up!!!! I have added you :D

It looks like he'd have huge trouble getting in, I think he'll soon move on.

I absolutely love foxes, british wildlife centre is near us, and i just love it there :)

Once you accept me, look in my videos - thats our fox who comes thru the day - the big black cat chases it (this cat is bold as brass and huuuuuuuuuuge)

Awww thank you :love: I'm hoping I have foxed proofed enough, but making me so nervous, I'm ordering a couple of those deterrent things later and will hang up the odd cloth with jeyes fluid on to see if that works too.

Off to look at vids :D

Squueeeeeeeeeeeeee this pictures just showed up, he's beautiful :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

They're gorgeous, but scary for our bunnies lol i have to say, i dont trust them and would prefer them to not be near our garden, but at same time i loooove watching them - these are all rescued / orphaned / hand reared and they're just so gorgeous :D

Awww thank you :love: I'm hoping I have foxed proofed enough, but making me so nervous, I'm ordering a couple of those deterrent things later and will hang up the odd cloth with jeyes fluid on to see if that works too.

Off to look at vids :D

It's SO much different to when I was last there Teressa - you called me when my rabbit had escaped from my garden about three years ago and brought him to you and I came to pick him up :lol:

I don't have any tips as i've not had much experience with foxes, fingers crossed that your set up is secure enough! x

Yes I remember that, I think it was longer than that you came over as this has been done over 5 years now :shock:

I rememebr that is the only stray rabbit we've had in with a nametag :love::love::love::love:

Foxy was out visiting again last night, he was waiting for us this morning :shock:

Yes I remember that, I think it was longer than that you came over as this has been done over 5 years now :shock:

I rememebr that is the only stray rabbit we've had in with a nametag :love::love::love::love:

Foxy was out visiting again last night, he was waiting for us this morning :shock:

Oh my that is longer then I thought :shock:

I'm glad he wore one he was a little escape artist :lol:

Feed it.

Only way of putting it off eating the bunnies :( have to say, as I took my rabbits out to their shed last night, a fox was in our garden, never in my life has my heart beated so fast! honestly thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I don't mind the foxes we have - so long as they don't learn the time (they usually come a visiting thru the day)

Worst idea ever. If you feed them they will come back constantly and they will breed.

Electric fencing is the best way to go.

Feed it.

Only way of putting it off eating the bunnies :( have to say, as I took my rabbits out to their shed last night, a fox was in our garden, never in my life has my heart beated so fast! honestly thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I don't mind the foxes we have - so long as they don't learn the time (they usually come a visiting thru the day)

Dont feed it - it will just bring its friends until you either fill the whole garden with food and fox poo (and rats that come for the fox food) then the day you are late with its feed it will just eat your rabbits.

The only thing that keeps a fox even remotely out of the garden is a mains powered electric fence (battery powered with LARGE caravan style battery will only work if you have two of them so can swap to recharge).

Even then they may attempt it -

The foxwatches are good but only the expensive ones that respond to movement etc not the cheap ones that just send out a boring constant buzz that the fox gets used to. I buy from Concept Research and have 7 of them.

I have slabbed the night time runs, and underwired the garden.

Try not to have totally view-proof fencing as the rabbits cant see the fox as it comes, and it will jump up on the fence top and swoop down on them.

I reallly would not let the rabbits free range until this is sorted.

the youngsters make the noise when they're scared or lose their parents.

I love foxes, but have to say i did get scared last night when the one was in the garden at same time as R&T!

We fed our one at the bottom of the garden, and from then it never came up to the house again.

The adults make noises to attract a mate, to declare territory etc.

My neighbour fed a fox for two years - it started going into his house if he was late, one day he went on holiday so it went into the next doors house (summer evening open door), then it brought its young foxes - then people started to loose hens.

Foxes and small prey animals DO NOT mix.

They call for a mate at this time of year as its breeding time, and they also do the howl when they're scared / in danger.

The scary noise they make is thair mating call.

Those ultrasonic things hurt rabbits ears (I was told) the foxes get used to the noise, it was on foxes live.

Proper fox watches do NOT hurt rabbits ears - only the cheap end of 'pest scarers' are designed in a frequency that hurts rabbits ears. I have 30 rabbits running amongst 7 foxwatches - not one finds the noise difficult (or seems to even hear it).

PS I am NOT picking on you by the way though it must seem like it - but for the sake of SOADS buns I have to give the information and experience I have.

you would have to put electric fence round the entire perimeter of your property - they are very good jumpers too so it would have to be very high :(

we considered electric fencing to stop next doors cat, its very easy to sset up and doesn't cost too much money either, and you can run it off car batterys

The idea of the electric fence is that foxes prowl around an area sniffing at the ground and looking for a way to tunnel under something to get t. The fence gives them a jolt when their nose touches it and they are warned off. It is not 100% and tou have to watch for highpoints nearby (sheds etc) they could jump straight off of. However a fox that will plan to leap clear over an electric fence without exploring it and getting zapped first is a very very unusual one. Free range hen keepers use these fences to keep entire flocks safe.

Just looked at your set up - that pretty secure.

Only thing I would add are some foxwatches (Concept research battery run) and think of running electric 'bungee' wire around all the aviaries (on the outside) about 3 inches above the ground - and then criss crossed across any routeways. Use either mains or caravan battery.

This is not the same as an electric fence but is a deterrent to fox sniffing round. It is a lot cheaper.

Try electric fence online website - we get all ours from them. If you speak to them direct they may remember us.

Back