• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm back... again... and again

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
I swear someone has stolen time from me! The past few months has just absolutely whizzed past. Sorry for those I've missed things happening :( and hopefully I won't get time stolen again!
Summary is work has been amazing, loving it even though the hours are long.
The boys have been their cute and naughty selves as always! Athie is even more chilled and regularly visits me on the bed after bedtime for a sneaky treat.
I've played around with different toys and digging boxes for them and even built them a new cardboard castle, which is Athie's fav sun snooze spot.

9b8673aa94238687ef7ea05000789655.jpg

fc0ec126bd397963f4a442c380fcecf0.jpg

c8dfc92240c05fcb9ab22b7d9f814c0f.jpg

134e21569a548475059a732b578605f2.jpg

a6eaea6fe33499086ff073d3c28115e2.jpg

6aacbc41645a0f755ff267c340e6d906.jpg

Since about 3 weeks ago... they've got a sister!!!
615cc97632fc08692ed808f63ecf2854.jpg

This poor darling was found by one of my neighbours while walking her dog, she scooped the poor fluff up, checked to see if there were any others and then rushed to mine, as I'm the crazy bunny lady in the building. She was so tiny, fit in my one hand :( I wrapped her in a plush blanky and gently started wiping her down as she was covered with mud and had been out in the rain :( I called the vets and they advised trying to dry her and give her some remedy food till I can take her the next morning. The vets guesstimated she can't be more than 5 or 6 weeks old :( other than very under weight she seemed healthy enough, she only weighed just under 400g :( I knew she might not make it but I was going to try, so with the vets guidance I brought her back home, setup a pen for her and syringe fed her.
Naturally the boys were curious about the new pen and new smell, they were constantly around the pen and would lay against it. After a few days she was doing tons better, even started eating hay and some pellets.
After a week she was doing tons better and could see her cautiously curious personality come out.

33bfed5add81f7cb0e7a7f5911b0be79.jpg

6dbb39b8902ccc9f01224dc64254bdff.jpg

3c125d9181d2fd40d6f8278ee0502409.jpg

d75607a0f014a011e5c77f933dfc650a.jpg

That's when it started getting difficult keeping them apart! I'd constantly find Athi in her pen snoozing by her or her escaped out and snoozing by Zeus.
I slowly started expanding the pen so the boys can come in and out via the couch. She loved them! She'd drop down in I'm bottom bunny and then psyche them by trying to play tag, after a week I gave up with the pen because they were just constantly by each other and I'd not seen any aggression. She's been freeroam with them now for just under a week and they're the cutest trio. I've seen grooming from all of them to each other and she's just over 800g now.
Oh my friend and I did try and knock on doors and post on social but couldn't find an owner, so I've adopted her, or more like she's adopted us and the boys adopted her

46b709d11c912b05a4a3a74b701e481c.jpg

81c3b4ce55b97330dc25d8ec1f0128ee.jpg

f349101eb30f5938546f4ca00c737df9.jpg

15d47c1398d7b06cf865bc8a95e591df.jpg

Had her back at the vets this past week and she's definitely a girl, a lion lop cross and an absolute sweetie with a very healthy appetite

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hi! I was just wondering about you and the boys the other day! I'm glad they're doing well and are still their cute and naughty selves. :love: I love the castle you made them! That's a great bunny house. :D And now they have a sister! Poor girl. I wonder where she came from... :( It's so good that you've been caring for her and that Athie and Zeus have adopted her. It sounds like she's doing well, having doubled her weight in three weeks! She looks really cute. :love: Does she have a name yet?

Hi welcome back :wave: and oh my goodness what news you bring :D little bunny is gorgeous and has certainly fallen on her paws with you and the boys :love: has she got a name yet ?

Hi! I was just wondering about you and the boys the other day! I'm glad they're doing well and are still their cute and naughty selves. :love: I love the castle you made them! That's a great bunny house. :D And now they have a sister! Poor girl. I wonder where she came from... :( It's so good that you've been caring for her and that Athie and Zeus have adopted her. It sounds like she's doing well, having doubled her weight in three weeks! She looks really cute. :love: Does she have a name yet?

Awww thanks :D that castle was fun to build especially with the boys inspecting each bit of construction [emoji1787][emoji1787] the vet was impressed as well but said for her size and activity it's good :D we're wondering if someone maybe bought her and then changed their mind and then just let her go :( my friend didn't see her, it was her dog taking a great interest and whining at her that made her look properly.

Hi welcome back :wave: and oh my goodness what news you bring :D little bunny is gorgeous and has certainly fallen on her paws with you and the boys :love: has she got a name yet ?

Thank you :D she's been such a little blessing, even though I swear Zeus is looking more tired today [emoji1787]

Completely forgot to say her name! I've named her Gaia [emoji4]

Welcome :) Your rabbits look so cute :love: The new bunny is so very cute, mashallah :love:

Is a bunny train [emoji1787][emoji7] like they're queueing up to play with the thingie
3ebd77bd26fb2a048bdbfb04565532f6.jpg

Is a bunny train [emoji1787][emoji7] like they're queueing up to play with the thingie
3ebd77bd26fb2a048bdbfb04565532f6.jpg

Hahahah :lol: Best photo frame I've ever seen :lol: Also, your rabbits are full English, even Mediterranean people don't wait patiently in queue up. :lol:

hi cheriseru, so glad you're back - i was worried about your buns.
how wonderful you have a new addition & that they are all getting along so nicely :love:

Welcome back :love: Your pic of the 'bunny train' is brilliant :love: New little bunny is very lucky to be have been found!

hi cheriseru, so glad you're back - i was worried about your buns.
how wonderful you have a new addition & that they are all getting along so nicely :love:
Awww thank you [emoji4] should be worried about me [emoji14] they rule the house! Haha
Yea think I got seriously lucky how they accepted her.
Welcome back :love: Your pic of the 'bunny train' is brilliant :love: New little bunny is very lucky to be have been found!
Thanks :D was a lucky shot haha should've seen my ninja skills creeping up on them so they wouldn't move before I got the shot [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I always enjoyed your pics of handsome Zeus and Handsome Athie, and today I got a special treat with their baby sister. She is stunning, and so lucky to have found you.
It is impressive she bonded so well with your boys.

I always enjoyed your pics of handsome Zeus and Handsome Athie, and today I got a special treat with their baby sister. She is stunning, and so lucky to have found you.
It is impressive she bonded so well with your boys.

Awww thanks!! Yea honestly I can't believe how quickly and well they bonded, all I can think is it must be meant to be [emoji4]

Welcome back, so pleased to see you took in the new bunny

Thank you :D

Awww thanks :D that castle was fun to build especially with the boys inspecting each bit of construction [emoji1787][emoji1787] the vet was impressed as well but said for her size and activity it's good :D we're wondering if someone maybe bought her and then changed their mind and then just let her go :( my friend didn't see her, it was her dog taking a great interest and whining at her that made her look properly.

Thank you :D she's been such a little blessing, even though I swear Zeus is looking more tired today [emoji1787]

Completely forgot to say her name! I've named her Gaia [emoji4]

They have to make sure you're building their castle perfectly! :lol: I'm glad the vet was pleased with Gaia. It's so lucky that your friend's dog found her. I wondered if you were going to continue your Greek mythology theme and name her Gaia. :lol: It's a lovely name. :love:

The bunny train is both super cute and hilarious, by the way. :lol::love:

They have to make sure you're building their castle perfectly! [emoji38] I'm glad the vet was pleased with Gaia. It's so lucky that your friend's dog found her. I wondered if you were going to continue your Greek mythology theme and name her Gaia. [emoji38] It's a lovely name. :love:

The bunny train is both super cute and hilarious, by the way. [emoji38]:love:

Haha very true. They weren't too sure about the tunnel until I wedged the castle in place and they found the tube is secure to run through [emoji1787]
Yea very lucky and that the dog didn't try to eat her either. Haha ofcourse I had to continue the Greek mythology trend :D good thing I've always been a Greek mythology fan [emoji1787] I was deciding between Calliope, Hera or Gaia and she seemed to prefer Gaia :D

How lovely to see your boys again and as for their little sister, adorable [emoji173]

Thank you :D :D

Back