• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think old Mrs Molly might be leaving me- PICS. ADVICE PLEASE

Can you bring her indoors and put her in a room where it's warm like your bedroom? Maybe put her food and water really near?

Molly is really not an indoor bun, she gets quite stressed just being handled and has never been indoors. I have been giving her warm water to drink and she has had plenty of grass. I just don't want to keep her going if its not the right thing to do.

do you have a snugglesafe? That would stay warm for a few hours overnight etc if she's outside. Has she been vet checked? Is it definitely old age and not a tooth problem thats making her not want her pellets etc?
At the end of the day you know her best and only you can know what's the best thing to do for her. Do you think she's in any pain or is she just such an old girl that she doesn't want to move around anymore?
sending lots of vibes for her and you. I'm sure you'll do what's best for her x x

I am sorry to hear about Molly. I have a 5 year old Frenchie boy. Don't know if you are aware but a Frenchies lifespan is usually 5 years, so Molly is doing well to have reached 6. I have never had a Frenchie live past 5 1/2.

One thing I have noticed with Frenchies and also with a lot of old buns is they often go into chronic heart failure. I would take her to the vet and see if this is the case with her. It may be possible to treat her if its not too advanced or there be another problem causing her symptoms, which again may be treatable. I don't want to sound negative, but its also possible that she has just come to the end of her lifespan. Is she definately a Frenchie - she does look more like a German or crossbred lop in the pic, but maybe its the pic.

You could try her with some herbs such as corriander, rocket, basil, mint, etc as they are very succulent and quite tempting to buns. Maybe try making her some porridge or even just the dry oats. I really think that given her age she should see a vet though. I hope she pulls through.

Yep as Luciuslop says, sje might be tempted by herbs. I find that many of my buns if of colour will be tempted by herbs and I always think that what with all the herbal remedies available to humans it must be good for them.
Mine have Basil, mint, yarrow, parsley, coriander, rosemary and hawthorn cut down froour hedge they love too.
I've heard Bach rescue remedy can be helpful for buns but dont know an awful lot about how to administer it etc.

Yes she has been having Parsley and she enjoys that! My vet saw her briefly on Mon but TBH Bagel had quite an emergency so my vet spent most of his time with him. I think I will get my vet back to specifically look at molly - her teeth etc as he said there was nothing obviously wrong on Monday.
Thank you x

poor girl, but definetly sounds like a vet trip, if she isnt moving around she wont be eating her night faeces which can make then even more ill, somdays willow my old girl look lathargic, and by the time vet is gets to me shes jumoing around, just cant work out what it is

maybe she has eaten something? as rabbits can be sick if they eat something they shouldnt they cant get it outa their system, keep her pumped with fluids and food, and somewhere warm

atb
sophie

Back